12

PoV: Sonic

  Useless, useless, useless.

"Augh! I have nothing!" I looked through everything I owned. I had nothing to defend myself with, not even a needle.

"What seems to be upsetting you?" Scourge came up behind me.

"It's nothing, I just..." Maybe I can use this as an excuse to get out of the house, "I realized I didn't have any more of the snacks I usually had at home."

  Snacks! What kind of excuse was that?!

"Is that so? Write down a list of all the snacks you want. I'll send for them immediately," he ruffled my fur, "I have a meeting to go to tonight, I want you to stay out of the pool room tonight. It's too dangerous for you right now."

"I don't even know where that room that is," I sighed. My chin was raised and I felt him grip my arm.

"You're bruised..." he had a look in his eyes, pure rage... "Who laid their hands on you."

"Scourge it's fine. It doesn't even hurt," I was scared, I had never seen him this way.

"I'm killing whoever-"

"No!" I grabbed him, my body was trembling but I didn't know what else to do, "You can't kill anyone! You're already a drug lord, I won't have you be a killer too!"

"Fine... I'll let it go. But if I ever learn who did this I'm not showing mercy," he picked me up.

"Put me down! Where are you taking me? Ah!" I yelped as he tossed me onto the bed.

"The next time anyone hurts you, I want you to tell me immediately, understood?" He lifted my shirt and I felt his cold hands on my chest.

  I nodded. I didn't understand this... Why was he so pissed about a bruise? I had only been here for a month and he was furious about someone hurting me. He didn't even love me.

"Let's go get you those snacks, alright," he pulled me off the bed.

"What about your meeting?" I grabbed my wallet as he pulled me out of the mansion.

"The meeting can wait. I need to cool down and I'm not leaving you alone again," he pulled me into a car and brought me to a grocery store, "Get whatever you want. If you want to try some alcohol I'll get it for you."

"Okay but I'm not drinking," I picked out a few things I usually liked to eat. Scourge bought a pack of smokes along with everything else. I took out my wallet to pay him back.

"How much you got in there?" He took it from me, "Thirty bucks huh? That's not much. How much of an allowance do you want?"

"Huh? Allowance? I think I'm okay, I have my own cash," I reached for my wallet. Scourge opened his and pulled money from his to mine before handing it back.

"You're mine, I need to be sure you have everything you need. I'll give you three hundred a week for now," he lit his cigarette and took a puff.

"That's way too much!" I couldn't take that much from him! Not to mention he had added a hundred and seventy dollars into my wallet!

"I need to be sure you can buy whatever you want. If you ever need more just ask me," he exhaled a grey cloud into the air.

"Do you have to smoke so much?" I covered my nose, the smell was awful.

"You don't like it? Cigarettes are legal, I see no problem," he continued smoking.

"I don't like the smell... It stinks," I opened the popsicle I picked and decided to eat it before it melted.

"That's a dangerous item your sucking on~" he pulled me close.

"You pervert, it's just a popsicle."

"Mind if I taste it?" He leaned in. I held it up to him and he started sucking on it, "It's good."

"Whatever..." The first thing I tasted was smoke when I stuck it back into my mouth, "It tastes like cigarettes..."

"Sorry about that," he tossed the bud aside and pulled me into the car, "So, should we have sex when we get home?"

"You have a meeting," I reminded him.

"Right... I'll spoil you tomorrow then," he kissed my forehead as the driver started heading back.

"You're weird..." I turned away.

"If I'm weird, so be it," he hugged me, his lips were close to my ear, "I love you."

  Huh...

  The drive home was quiet and Scourge left for his meeting. I was alone in the bedroom.

  Why... why did he say that?

~~~