𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

'•.¸¸.•´´¯'••._.• . •._.••'¯´´•.¸¸.•'

* meanwhile during the party, this is what was happening back at
Shuichi's village *

[ - gore warning ]

'•.¸¸.•´´¯'••._.• . •._.••'¯´´•.¸¸.•'

The cold weather had been growing heavier back at the village as it neared deeper into winter. And since the village was so high up in the mountains, it seemed even colder and weather harsher. But the townspeople were quite used to this; the cold and unfair conditions of winter was something of a norm. Sure, there wasn't much food to go around, crops were dead, and firewood became scarce and hard to find in the winter storms, but somehow they managed before so they can manage once more as they always did.

But as suspicious, untrustworthy, and even cruel as the population in this village could be, there were a few good apples in the bunch. Including a couple who lived with their two children : one boy, one girl. They were the Asahina family and, though as kind-hearted as they may be, it almost made them outcast of the village as they didn't believe in the ancient traditions of sufficiently fulfilling a vampire's hunger by throwing out one of their own neighbor's daughters, wives, or sisters. It was wrong to them, but many would disagree with that way of thinking. Perhaps everyone else was a coward– too scared for their own life to care who else payed their own, but the Asahina family were the only ones who sent flowers to the home of the victim's families; they did so much to care for others. It was too bad that was never noticed nor appreciated enough.

One night, snow had began to pile high, and fires were getting harder to keep lit. But that one snowy night was a knock on the Asahina's familie's front door. Of course that seemed quite strange considering nobody should be out in this kinda of weather, but Mrs. Asahina looked over the kitchen table at her husband then at her daughter, around seventeen, and son, around fourteen.

"How strange. Who would be outside when it's snowing like this?" Aoi, the eldest of the two children asked out loud, glancing out the window as she did, her big blue eyes widening with surprise.

It was strange indeed. Though.. also a bit concerning. The idea that a vampire was at the front door wasn't too unreasonable to think. After all, vampires terrorized people everywhere, and this village would know a thing or two about the blood-thirsty creatures.

"Hold on," Mrs. Asahina, whom had a lovely shade of chocolatey brown locks cascade down her shoulders and back, stand up from the table, smiling reassuringly at her family. "We'll go check. It's probably the neighbor," she looked over at her husband who had lighter brown hair and light blue eyes. "After all, I don't think they had much firewood, dear.." She mentioned to him before sending another smile over to Aoi and her brother Yuta.

But the children didn't seem too assured. Something was sending chills up Aoi's spine. Call it a big sister instinct, but Aoi was tense and was slowly inching her hand towards her brother's as they watched their parents head towards and answer the front door.

It was a bit of an instinct to pull the drawstring that hung by the door inside of one's house. That way the bell on the outside of the front door would ring, scaring away any vampires outside it. Then Mr. Asahina answered the door, his wife not far behind him.

[A/N: bells on front doors are supposed to keep vampires away. Kinda like a cross or garlic. ]

"Hello?"