𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

'•.¸¸.•''¯'••._.• . •._.••'¯''•.¸¸.•'

[ gore warning ]

'•.¸¸.•´´¯'••._.• . •._.••'¯´´•.¸¸.•'

The carriage ride back home was silent between Rantaro and Shuichi. Luckily Rantaro managed to coax and convince the twin demon lord(s) Junko and Murkuro for a spare dress, to which they agreed and the eldest twin had gotten her and her sister's thrall - a timid girl with an uneven dark choppy haircut to fetch from her carriage. Which turned turned out to be a simple plain grey dress; he sleeves which reached Shuichi's elbows and ruffled out at the edges. Now, Rantaro only asked for a dress because he knew the Enoshima twins— particularly the eldest — had a spot for fashion and he knew she would have some sort of backup dress. Though it turned out to be one of Mukuro's— the younger twin— article of clothing, hence why Junko was so eager to get rid of "Such a trashy dress" as she said before turning her nose up at it and tossing it to Rantaro.

But things seemed a bit calmer now that they were in the carriage and away from the vampire's and the place the whole fiasco took place. Even Korekiyo, who had been awaiting the other's arrival beside the carriage, seemed puzzled by Shuichi's distraught and ruffled up appearance, but one glance from Rantaro and Korekiyo knew he shouldn't ask.

Still clinging the other's jacket close as Shuichi hadn't let it out of his clutches once, Shuichi kept his face down as the carriage soared across the sky. His shoulders stayed tense, his fingers gets gripped the skirt of the dress.

Honestly.. Rantaro couldn't stand the silence. He had so many questions, so many in need of answers. He was confused.. and worried. Kaede— well... whatever their name was, they were truly beloved company Rantaro didn't noticed until now how much he cared for. Perhaps it was being a vampire and being shunned from human society, but Rantaro was lonely, and this person made him feel less of that. The quiet, yet peaceful dinners between them, the evening strolls Rantaro sometimes took the other out on, and the gifts he gave that earned those occasional soft smiles...

"Who are y—"

"Please!"

Shuichi's sudden ' please ' made the other stop. The blue-headed male sniffled a bit. "Please.. please don't hurt them."

Now Rantaro was confused. Hurt who ? But he never even got a chance to speak up because Shuichi kept going and crying as he did.

"T-the village.. they didn't know about this.. o-or K-kaede.. It was all my i-idea.. so please don't punish them..!" He breathed out, shaking as he gripped his arms, hugging himself tightly, biting his lip harshly- drawing blood, then shouted.

"Please! Take me instead! Can't I suffice your hunger?! "

Shuichi trembled, tears streamed down his cheek. "Can't I... I be good enough you don't need to take my best friend...?"

And after that, another, but much heavier silence settled over the two. But.. those words affected Rantaro somehow. He put his hand on his chest, where his heart was, though you would never know because it hadn't beat in forever it seemed. He felt nothing when he touched his chest but a deathly empty silence. 

"You.. took your friend's place?" Rantaro asked out loud, not expecting the other to say anything; Shuichi didn't, and that was fine. "So.. she would be okay..." Rantaro looked away.