𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 + 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗

'•.¸¸.•´´¯'••._.• . •._.••'¯´´•.¸¸.•'

(The warnings in the description definitely apply to this chapter.)

"Is he still alive?"

The memories of sand and saltwater was quite vivid to Kokichi. Even after all these centuries. He could still recall back when he was found drifted on a beach side with nothing but the clothes on his back, and to be fair, that wasn't much but a dirtied and drenched white yukata. His ankles and wrists had chains, but they were broken.

But what scared young Kokichi Oma at the age of ten, were the two strangers peering down at him as if he was some insect.

"Perhaps God has offered us some sort of sign?" Wondered out a man with shoulder length shaggy blonde hair and bright blue eyes. He had an accent, and his words were something the young boy couldn't make out. He only understood Japanese, not this language. And not understanding what these men were saying scared him to suddenly sit up and back away.

"Hey! Get back here!"

Kokichi heard shouting, but he tried to scramble up to his feet; however he fell face first into the sand, letting himself get grabbed by both arms by the men.

"Let's take him to the town and we can probably make something out of 'em." Decided one man, and his companion agreed, spitting something smelly and sticky on the ground before wiping his mouth.

"This is scary...I want to go home.."  Kokichi thought, trembling like a leaf. He shut his eyes tightly, tears threatening to spill if he didn't. But those thoughts he was having made him realize something:

Just.. where was home ?

Kokichi didn't remember a thing. And when he tried, he felt a sudden fear and pain overtake his chest, as if heart was begging him not to recall a thing.

"Don't remember a thing."

An unknown voice told Kokichi that. And he didn't let himself recall a single thing; he kept back any panicked thought to a minimum, even as he was being dragged away by those two strange men who spoke in an unfamiliar tongue. And they threw Kokichi into a wagon that smelt of cigars, grass and piss, which made Kokichi gag, but he was too scared to throw up over the side, so he swallowed his fear and kept as still as a corpse as the wagon began to move, and him along with it.

The ride was long. And Kokichi was offered nothing to eat or drink, and besides some occasional cigars or sticks Kokichi found lost in the hay piles in the wagon, and he would chew on like a baby puppy, he stayed in the back of the wagon, not leaving it once except during the night when the men would sleep there and tie Kokichi to the wheel, keeping him from leaving. It didn't matter though much to him. Kokichi never found himself able to sleep once the moon came up. He blamed it on all the naps he took during the day, but couldn't help that's when he felt the most tired.

One afternoon while chewing on a stick and trying not to doze off, Kokichi was paying close attention to his naked feet. He kept his knees to his chest, but his little feet were turning such an ugly red out in the sun; his toenails began to crack and splinter, his skin turn red then black, and his bones were starting to show under the melting flesh.