𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 + 𝕺𝖓𝖊

'•.¸¸.•´´¯'••._.• . •._.••'¯´´•.¸¸.•'

"A curse... will cause Master Oma's life to end .. "

Those words were like ice poured down Kaito's back. It seemed almost impossible to believe something so ridiculous, and yet even someone as dense as Kaito knew he needed to listen. 

Because if he didn't, then Kairo felt he was letting Kokichi fall into a dangerous spot.

Both he and Korekiyo had a truce for now. And sitting by the dim fire which Korekiyo began to strengthen with the use of strange herbs from his pocket, and a release of warmth was created. Which was greatly appreciated by itself, but Kaito looked at the other, as if to question why they were getting all comfy, and Korekiyo held up a finger to keep him silent.

"What I am telling you is no short story."

Kaito grimaced and clenched his fists. "Then make it short ! I can't sit around all day telling stories by a campfire!"

Korekiyo chuckled, adjusting his gloves before slowly pulling down his mask, earning a raised eyebrow from Kaito when the hunter saw Korekiyo's revealed face, but decided to ask again it later. Korekiyo held his cheek with a handful of snow, using the cold to ease the swelling which was growing on his pale, slender face.

"You could say..." he began, his sharp eyes meeting Kaito's. "...the vampire King, Kokichi Oma, placed the curse upon himself along with Master Amami.. The day Kokichi Oma bit my young master was the day he put a cursed bond between them. "

Kaito frozen. Then he shook his head, completely off gaurd. For a guy who claimed to be the best vampire hunter around, he wasn't proving much, seeming to not know much about the creatures as Korekiyo did.

But Korekiyo simply shrugged. Even he, as knowledgeable as he was, he knew vampires were confusing beings with no clear science behind their existence. "Master Amami does not know of it. And seeing as I was sworn to keep it a secret, I never revealed it to Master Amami. To protect him and the King."

"But you told me." Kaito said.

"I did." Korekiyo said. Then sighed, running his fingers through his long, dark green locks, which contrasted greatly to his pale and sharp face. "Do you know why I told you, so-called, Vampire Hunter ?"

"Hey! I'm not a so-called  Vampire Hunter!" Kaito argued, crossing his arms, but afterwards calming down and looking back at the other man. "But.. no. I don't know why you told me."

"Because," Korekiyo explained, tracing his fingers across his faded red lips, which had a purple tint from the cold. "I, under my oath and bond to Rantaro Amami cannot disobey him. True, I have gone behind his back, but he never gave me the order not to do the things I have done.."

He didn't earn an impressed look from the other and Korekiyo cracked a smirk.

"And I haven't done the most admirable of things. I betrayed Shuichi Saihara, my master's lover. Even if I was ordered by a vampire of higher rank than Master Amami to do so.." A hint of guilt was somewhere in those words, but he only paused for a moment before he continued. "But since Master Oma never told me not to tell you, Kaito Momota, I am able to." He said with a low sigh.