Forgiveness

After XChara and Kurama were free from their sealings, everyone was still having a fun time. But later on in the night, Dream sat on a bench, staring at the stats and thinking of how to find a way to bring Nightmare back. She knew it would be impossible of saving him. It made her frustrated and depressed for not saving Nightmare. Even though she knew there was still the good in him, it wasn't the real Nightmare she knew. While having her thoughts, she noticed the fireworks will start soon until Cross approached her quietly. She could hear his footstep as she turned around and faced him.

"Are you okay, Dreamy?" Cross asked in a concerned voice. He knew Dream had left the castle in the middle of the night after the appointment for Epic Gaster. He was concerned for her when he sees a sad look on her face.

"Honestly, it's pain that I had failed to try to stop Nightmare from eating the black apple. I knew it wasn't the real him that I cared about." Dream revealed, gazing at Cross's eyes that are now white, no longer had a left red eye. Even though he still had a bolt scar on his left bone cheek. He was no longer the X-Event. No longer got stuck with XChara forever.

"If it weren't for Nightmare, I never would have left Dreamtale and then met you and my friends." Dream said.

Cross gave her a sad look, walking slowly towards her. "Dream... do you still hate me?"

"No... I never hated you. I still love you, Cross." She revealed again. Cross widened his eyes.

"You do? Do you still trust me?"

"I do." She replied.

"Dream, I never meant to keep a secret from you. I know you were Nightmare's younger sister, but I didn't want you to think I worked for you. I even didn't want you to hate me because I cared about you." She saw him clenching his fists as she noticed he was nervous. Yet, Cross was scared for her. He did love her after all. He wanted to be with her for the rest of his life.

"Dream, the reason why I care about you it's because you've changed me into a better person. You saved me from negative feelings. Or even from Nightmare. You created me into a better man. I've been through a lot since I lost my friends and family. I never knew why I was a cold-blooded killer."

Then she walked towards him and embraced him slowly. She could feel the heat within her bone cheeks. She knew she was blushing softly. Dream was closing her eyes, enjoying the embrace. Cross wrapped his arms around her and embraced them back. He buried his face into the side of her neck. He wanted to feel something. No. He wanted to stay with Dream. His previous loved one.

"Cross, you're not a cold-blooded killer. You would never hurt everyone that you care about, especially our friends. Cross, I love you. I love you for who you are. You saved me from my brother. I thought I was going to accept my fate, but you saved my life. You were my savior. Let's just say you were the first person who has been so straightforward, kind, and protective towards me. You dont mind me of Nightmare's younger twin sister. You love me for who I am." Dream said, burying her right cheek into his left shoulder. Cross stared at her in his passionate eyes. He knew Dream was telling the truth. It was true to what she said. He does love her for who she is: a kind-hearted skeleton who would protect positive feelings and would befriend the other skeletons like her friends. He reached out and caressed Dream's bone cheeks.

"I love you, Dreamy," Cross said, gazing at her softly.

"I love you, too, Cross." Dream said. She wrapped her arms around Cross's neck and placed her lips against his. Then the fireworks started it. While they were kissing, they were surrounded by the lights of fireworks.