The Proposal

After they return to Epictale, they explained to everyone about XGaster's plans to take over their alternative universe and Ink betrays them for being the friend of. However, Epic, Epic Papyrus, and Epic Gaster were shocked to hear unexpected news. They never speculated on what happened. Dream knew it was like yesterday, but she knew it was today after she heard Ink's spoken of betrayals. Dream was emotional when she felt her gut was building up with depression and breathlessness.

"One week." Dream muttered in a depressed voice.

"We know," Kurama growled with a frown.

"One week and I'm going to die."

"You're not going to die," Cross said as he embraced her gently.

"I am. I can feel it." Dream said, burying her face into his rib chest. It looked like she was going to cry, but she was scared of death. She wanted to cry so badly, but she couldn't do that in front of them.

Cross noticed her feelings. "Sunshine, it's alright for you to cry. We won't mind, I promise."

Then Dream started to sob in his black shirt while burying her face and hugging him tightly. Cross wrapped his arms around her and embraced her. He buried his face into the side of her right neck. Epic and his family looked down on them. They knew this universe will be the end.

"I love you, Sunshine."

Dream sniffed and a small smile pulled at her lips. "I love you, too, Cross." She replied. She can feel him kissing her on her forehead.

"We're not going to lose you, Dreamy. I won't let lit happen to you." Cross vowed with a promise to his beloved, "You're it for us. Forever for us... as my family."

"Really, bruh?" Epic asked excitedly.

"DOES THAT MEAN CROSS AND DREAM ARE OUR NEW FAMILY?" Epic Papyrus asked who looked too excited.

Epic Gaster sighed with a smile. "I supposed so. Yes. Since Cross had lost his entire family, then that means he's our adoptive son then."

"WOWIE! CROSS IS OUR NEW BROTHER! WHAT DO YOU THINK, SANS? ARE YOU HAPPY TO HAVE ANOTHER BROTHER?"

"Yeah, little bruh. I'm happy that Cross is our new bruh." Epic said happily.

"Thanks, guys. You guys were like my family to me. And Papyrus... I wanted to say is... I missed you and I wish you can forgive me for what I have done to you." Cross said as he gave him a satisfying look on his face.

"HMM... I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, BUT OKAY! I FORGIVE YOU!" Papyrus said as he pulled Cross into a hug, "WELCOME TO THE FAMILY, CROSSY! NYEH, HEH, HEH!"

Cross blushed when he was smiling at him as he hugged him back. Dream was happy for them, but she felt really sad after losing her brother. She would never forget how XGaster had murdered her older brother.

Cross spun his head and saw Dream was sad. He began to lift her hand which made her blush a bit, "Dream, what is the reason why you were sad?"

She sighed sadly. "It's because I've lost my brother and yet I had failed my mission. Now I have no home or anything. Ink was right, anyway. I knew I shouldn't leave my universe before I met one of you, guys."

"Dreamy, it's not your fault. None of this is your fault. You are caring, strong, and brave, and will never give up on finding your brother. You were still precious to us and we care about you. Don't let others let you down. You are my world and I love you, Dream."

"Cross..." She murmured.

"Dreamy, I love you and I want to spend my life with you." Cross picked up, "I couldn't imagine being with someone else, loving someone else, sharing my life with someone else. All I want is you. All I need is you. I want to marry you."

Dream's breath stopped and her soul skipped a beat when she held her breath.

"This is the part where you give me an answer." Cross chuckled with a smile.

"You didn't ask a question." Dream muttered. Then she saw him bringing out the small box from his pocket and revealing a ring when he showed it to her.

"Will you marry me, Dream?"

Cross... I'm speechless..."

"Well, I know it's the right time before the battle. I want to marry you, Dream, right before XGaster arrives and either of us dies or even becomes his marionette. I thought I could take my time until I'll propose to you."

Dream smiled at her. "Even though I wanted a real family who can accept me for who I am. Surely, I'm happy I have all of you who accepted me and cared for me. I wanted to be someone like you who accepted me."

Cross smiled back. "Then I wanted to see your smile, I wanted to hear your laughter every day. I want to see you attempt to you every holiday, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So... will you marry me?"

"Yes, I will marry you." Dream resisted it.

"Finally!" Epic exclaimed happily.

"WOWIE! WERE HAVING AN ADOPTIVE SISTER-IN-LAW! HOORAY!" Epic Papyrus exclaimed as well.

Epic Gaster smirked. "Good for you, son."

Then Core Frisk, Fell Frisk, and Swap Chara we're happy to see them getting proposed when they give them applause after hearing them.

"Well, since I finally proposed to you, let's get some rest and then we'll have some plans tomorrow," Cross said.

"Great idea." Dream said before one of them headed back to their bedroom and got themselves rest after a long day of their journey. Dream knew her life still changes forever. She was happy that she will marry Cross before the battle will begin.