Chapter 10

*Jay's POV*

I knew that something was up but she made it obvious that she didn't want to talk about it and so I didn't say anything when she came home that night.

"Hey." I greeted her and she just hugged me tiedly.

"I didn't mean to give you the feeling that I'm not happy for you, because I really am." I stroked her back.

"I get it. You just had to focus on a case." When she looked up, I brushed my lips over hers.

She let go of me and took off her jacket and shoes.

"Have you already received learning material?" She switched into another mood.

"Not exactly. But in the letter it says that we'll learn about gangs, drugs, law, ethics, report writing, vehicle stops, control tactics, firearms, physical fitness, and law enforcement driving." She smirked when I said that.

"You did really learned that by heart. Even I couldn't have told you all that." I shrugged my shoulders and was a little proud.

"Do you want to practice some things? Then you can convince them with your knowledge right away." I really liked that idea because that mentioned that I got to spend some time with her.

*Erin's POV*

Of course, teaching him things now gave him an advantage, but as long as it helped, I would do it.

"Then let's do some control tactics because I don't want you to fire a gun in here." I motioned him to come over to me and then stood in front of him.

"Come on, attack me, get me down on the ground." His puzzled face made me grin.

"I can not do that. I don't want to hurt you and I will because I weigh significantly more." He didn't move.

"I'm tactically superior to you and I don't think you'll get me down as quickly as you think." He shrugged but then went to grab my shoulder to pull me down which didn't work because I just turned away.

"Try again." I let him try a few more things until he gave up.

"If I can't do it here, how is it going to be in the Academy?" He looked a little lost.

"First of all; they won't just let you try things out, they'll show you. Second of all; I'm gonna be showing you how it is done now." Jay stood up straight and in a few simple steps I had him lying on the floor under me, arms twisted behind his back.

"That was fast." I let go of him and he got up.

"If I didn't get it done so quickly, I would be rid of my life pretty quickly." He looked at me seriously.

"Can I try?" He smirked and of course I let him.

"Geez." I was under him faster than I could think and was surprised how quickly he had memorized the technique.

"I guess you don't need me to teach you something." I tried to turn my head as I was laying on the ground.

"It's okay. I'll take this." I was pretty helpless and he shamelessly took advantage of it to tickle me.

"Stop." I said out of breath and when he let me go I rolled onto my back, my legs were still between his and we both noticed what this position looked like.

Because I didn't feel like giving up being with just yet I pulled him down to me so that he completely covered my body and kissed him.

"This is better than training." He said when we pulled apart to breath.

"As long as you don't do that with your Academy Instructor, everything is fine." I brushed my fingers through his hair.

"I think about it, if the person is pretty I can't make any promises." For that answer I hit him and he looked at me fake offended.

"Someone is jealous, huh?" He joked but I needed to admit that I was and quickly switched the topic.

"Do you want to meet my unit tonight?" I slipped out from under him and he looked a little disappointed.

"Sure. Why not. As long as they don't jenk me to the floor or arrest me." Jay said in a mockery voice.

"If they do something to you, they will hear something from me." Jay helped off the floor and pulled me into his embrace.

"I'm gonna be just fine." He placed a kiss on my lips before he went to take a shower.

*Jay's POV*

We drove a few minutes before arriving at Molly's.

"It's gonna be nice, I promise." I grabbed her hand and locked my fingers with hers, which made her smile up to me.

"Lindsay!" I heard someone shout when we entered the bar.

It was a beautiful room that had fairy lights on the ceiling and was full of people that were just chatting with their friends.

Erin pulled me behind her by my hand and we walked up to a group of people from who I recognized Upton and Ruzek, the others I had never seen.

"Glad you two could make it." A black-haired women got up and shook my hand.

"Nice to finally meet you, I'm Vanessa." She smiled at me and I liked her right away.

"That's Kim." Lindsay introduced me to a brunette
"And that over there are Kevin and Adam." I nodded towards Kevin and Ruzek.

"You know Hailey." Upton nodded when I looked at her.

"We've met." Ruzek smirked at me and Erin looked a little confused.

"When you were in the car accident, Jay helped me." He explained and Lindsay turned around to look at me.

"I had no idea that you've been there." She squeezed my hand and I smiled at her.

"Now you know." I didn't really now how to behave around all her friends and colleagues.

"What do you want to drink that? The next round is on me." They all smiled when I said that.

"You can bring him with you more often, Erin." Said Kevin.

She looked up to me and I smiled back at her.

Everyone agreed that they would just have another beer and I went over to the bar, where a young woman with curly hair was standing.

"Hey. I'd like to have seven beers please." I ordered and she looked up.

"I've never seen you here before." She started grabbing the bottles while looking at me.

"Uh, yeah. My first time. Really nice bar." I didn't know what to say because I wasn't so much into smalltalk.

"If you are here with Lindsay I will probably see you more often." She gave me the tray and I went back to the table, where everyone took a bottle.