Chapter 60

*Erin's POV*

I put a few more clothes in the closet Jay had set up in the nursery yesterday, as I was home today.

Jay hadn't answered my calls or responded to my texts for the past three hours, but I thought that he was just on an intense call so I didn't bother reaching out to him anymore and instead took a nice warm bath.

I couldn't help but check my phone for new messages after I had toweled myself dry, still nothing.

*Jay's POV*

"We go in, take the guys by surprise, arrest them, confess the drugs. Plan clear?" Dawson asked and we just nodded before getting into the cars.

"Should be an easy one." Upton agreed with me and I turned the light of my car off and rolled in a parking spot across the street from the warehouse.

"Be careful in there." I nodded and knocked on the door, while the team stayed behind as I had been undercover for a few weeks with this people and today should be the day for us to take their drugs off the streets.

"Ryan. We thought you weren't coming anymore." One of the guys let me in and we cracked a joke before the mood got serious as we started packing to get to the spot where we wanted to see today.

"Cops!" I heard an anxious scream, gun shot, silence.

"The guys ran off and I followed them." Myself and the boss of the group hid behind a shelf and some of my colleagues walked past us and I relaised that they really weren't seeing us.

I moved, bumped into something on the shelf and these dropped to the floor, but it appeared to be made of fabric and made no noise.

"Don't you dare do that again, you damn cop." His voice was dangerously low and I felt the muzzle of a gun on my temple.

"Copy." My voice was quite because I didn't dare risking anything right now.

The big iron door fell shut, the unit was gone, we were still here, I assumed that they probably thought we had run further away because they had not found us.

"Move." The guy pushed me out of our hideout and immediately two of his friends were to my right and left.

"It's too bad your friends left you here alone." Peter, one of the guys I had worked with, looked at me and I swallowed hard.

Just seconds later someone landed a hit in my stomach, I leaned forward and tried to catch my breath.

"Go easy on him. He won't be worth any money when dead." At least now I knew that I was kind of safe as long as PD payed.

*Erin's POV*

"Erin." Hailey was the first to come up the stairs.

I looked past her, I saw everyone except Jay.

"Where is he?" I knew that she knew exactly who I was talking about.

"We lost him. He did an undercover and it didn't work out the way we wanted it to." Antonio was the one telling me.

"You lost him? How is that possible?" I knew very well how it was possible but I wasn't really ready to accept the fact that my husband would, most certainly not come home tonight.

"I'm sure we're going to get him back quickly. As long as he keeps his character alive he should be fine." I felt how restless everyone was and also that nobody wanted to tell me what exactly happened.

"When did you loose contact?" At first I got ignored but then Hank got up and brought me to his office.

"Sit down and I tell you what you want to know." I accepted that offer because with my growing bump simple tasks like standing or walking exhausted me.

"Where is he?" I simply repeated my question because I expected to get a better answer.

"I don't know. Either he's going to show up at the district on it's own or he and the people he's currently with went into hiding and he has to stay down a little longer.

"So basically nobody knows where he is at right now." Knowing nothing about the current location of your loved one was devastating.

"Yes. But just in case his cover gets blown and they find out who he really is I want you to stay with me until Halstead is back. Just a protective measure." I just nodded as I simply knew how dangerous it could get.