Chapter 19

~Tom's pov~

"I just don't understand it, michael had made us such a good offer" Says harrison as he frantically walks through my office with michael's papers in his hand. It's been two and a half week since the michael case and nothing bad has happened because I was able to withdraw the offer, but it still bothers harrison.
"Haz, let it go, there's nothing we can do" Harrison runs his sweaty hand through his hair before putting the sheets back on my desk and looking at me to say something.
"How can you not be mad? the guy was going to rip us off for a few million, plus he almost did it" I'll be honest, I'm really angry, but I usually let it out on the punching bag at the gym I always go to after work. So I have my anger under control quite well, mostly...
"I'm angry, believe me, but the only thing we can do is stay away from him, so if he calls, don't answer. Although I doubt he'll call you" I look up at him, lean back in my chair and spread my legs in comfort.
"You may be right. Hey, don't take this the wrong way, but can you give these sheets to Y/N? She's smarter than us, maybe she'll discover something else that could get michael into trouble" I stifle the smirk that wants to leave my lips, not because Y/N is smarter, because admittedly she is certainly smarter than Harrison and I, of course I will never tell her that... she doesn't needs to know that I think that, but if I wanted to get michael in trouble I would have done it long ago. Problem is I also know that michael has his weapons and he could easily strike back, so I just stay away from him.
"Sure, no probleme mate !" I answer
"Thanks" He nods at me, then leaves the office to go back to work. I took the sheets in my hand and read through them again, just to be sure. My phone, which is next to my computer screen, lights up and starts vibrating, meaning someone is calling me. I take it in my hand, look at it, only to see again the anonymous number that has been calling me for a week now. In the last 7 days it has called me 5 times and I have no idea who it is, but since I strongly believe that it is michael, I never answer. So even now I ignore it and concentrate on my job again, better said on the sheets I have to bring to Y/N. With the sheets in my hand, I make my way to her office, see her already hard at work and even though I shouldn't, I stop and look at her for a moment through the blurry glass door. Maybe she doesn't have any feelings for me, but I still feel the butterflies in my stomach every time I look at her or think of her. I have the desire to see her, even though we live together, and even though we work together, I still want to see her more often. I knock on the door three times, letting her know I'm coming in, before I actually put the handle down and go in. Her head lifts from the paperwork on her desk and the computer screen directly in front of her to look at me.
"Hey, your brother asked me to ask if you could read over the papers again" I hold up the papers, letting her know what I mean.
"Yeah, what is it about?" She smiles slightly at me, enough for me to pull her chair back and press my lips to hers.
"Michael...still" She just nods, holding out her arm for me to give her the papers. "Thanks" I add, as I hand her the papers. "And uhm... don't put yourself under pressure, you work hard enough so it's enough if you have read the sheets by next week" A warm smile forms on her lips, makes me smile too.
"Yeah thanks, is there anything else I can do for you Thomas?" God I hate it when people say my whole name, but from her mouth it sounds like music in my ears, music I could listen to all the time. "Sorry, we're at work, so is there anything else I could do for you mr.Holland?" she asks
"nope, thanks Darling !" with a grin I turn around, make my way back to my office. Just her smile made my shitty day 10 times better...

~your pov~

As the end of the day approaches, I start packing my things. I haven't managed to read through the papers tom has just brought me, but he said I still had a few days, which I'm grateful for, because I've had a lot of work to do lately. New golf courses are to be built and I have to read through all the contracts again to see if everything is right as it is. I packed my things and went towards Tom's office. Since things have improved between us, I've been waiting for him again so we can go downstairs together. I have also tried to reduce my feelings in the last 2 weeks that have passed but not much has happened. I mean, how should they go away when I see him practically every day? Anyway, even now we go down together where Harrison's is waiting for us as usual.
"Can we go?" he asks, looking at us, to which we nod in response. The drive home was boring, we only talked about work, at least Tom and Harrison did. Mentally, I was already lying in my cozy bed, under my warm blanket while netflix was playing in the background. And since it's getting closer to winter in New York, I should start watching Christmas movies, the only sad thing is that most of the nice Christmas movies are also romantic movies. Means while in the film the sweet couple celebrates a nice christmas, I lie alone in bed and probably cuddle with my pillow. At home we ate vietnamese food we bought on the way before harrison went to bed and I left tom alone in the living room to watch a movie. I'll be honest, on the way to my room I inconspicuously took a bag of popcorn with me without Tom noticing, because Tom would probably let out another nasty remark that while I'm eating candys and watching films he's going to the gym and doing sport. But who cares, right? my figure is perfectly fine and I know tom is just kidding around. I put on a jumper that was thick and cosy but only reached down to my belly, and a long pair of matching pyjama bottoms. But I didn't wear a bra, because please, I'm lying in bed. I started to look for a suitable film on netflix, while a knock on the door interrupted me.
"Y/N, can I come in for a minute?" It is harrison's voice that sounds from outside my room.
"Yeah sure" The door opens and a smiling Harrison enters. He closes the door behind him, takes a few steps towards me and sits down on the bed again.
"I just wanted to tell you that I'll be back at Jenna's this weekend, so behave as you always do, don't invite any guys I don't know and if anyone comes, no sex. If anything happens, contact Tom" God, sometimes Harrison is like a father, and this situation is a good example. I know he just wants to protect me from getting hurt and all that, but still, it's none of his business.
"of course hazza" I reply, slightly annoyed, which he of course notices immediately.
"You know what I mean Y/N..." I just nod, look at the remote control between my fingers and up into his face again.
"All right, I'm in bed. Tom is still awake and in the living room if you need him" Harrison gets up, nods again and then goes out to go to sleep. I, on the other hand, can never fall asleep that early, although he is certainly still reading in bed. Instead, I keep looking for the perfect film to make my Thursday a little nicer after today's stressful day.

~Sorry, I didn't manage to post on wednesday as I'm on holiday at the moment and this is quite a short part, but I hope you enjoyed it.~

~do you want me to make paragraphs so that you can read better or do you prefer these complete texts? I just think that it looks completely more professional the way it is right now :)~