Chapter 8

"Are you sure I can't go grab you a fireball? I know how much you liked it," Luke chimes in for about the tenth time tonight.

I grip his arm closer to my chest. "No, please stay here."

"We can both go," Luke adds with a smile.

I shake my head quickly. I won't underestimate Michael by knowing he could hide in the throng of people and pull me from Luke. "No. Let's just stay here."

"Are you sure you're okay? You seem as if you've seen a ghost," Luke points out.

I shake my head at a glance from Michael and smile at Luke. "I'm great! I'm just-."

"Are you worried about something?" Luke asks, rubbing my arm.

I shake my head again quickly. "I'm perfectly fine."

Luke gives me a look. "Are you scared of all the strangers here? Is that it? Because I was only a stranger yesterday. Not all strangers are bad."

I nod quickly. "Yep that's it. I know I'm being stupid."

"Well then come on. There's nothing to worry about. I'll be right there with you. Let's go get that fireball," Luke convinces me.

I sigh, knowing he's not going to let me stand here all night. He grabs my hand and when we are in the crowd of people, I glance back nervously and sigh to see Michael hasn't gotten up and is in deep conversation with Ashton.

I casually lean into Luke with relief and I can see him smile out of the corner of my eye. At the bar, he suddenly leans down and kisses me and I wrap one arm around his neck, rubbing his neck gently.

"What was that for?" I ask with a smile, not letting go of him when he pulls back.

He grins. "I just want to make sure you're okay. You seemed tensed up and I want you to be comfortable with me."

I smile at the ground. "Of course I'm okay. And I'm better now, I promise."

"Good, so I'll get that fireball," Luke says, satisfied.

He pulls away from me and taps the shoulder of the bartender. "1 bottle of fireball."

He nods and simply lays one bottle in Luke's hand before moving on.

"That was easy," I say, Luke's arms circling my waist again.

"Mm hmm," he says before kissing me again.

I pull away and snatch the fireball, wriggling from his grasp.

"Aw, Sami," he pouts. "Don't be a tease."

I kiss his jaw before stepping back and when he steps after me, I take a step backwards, a playful smile flitting on my mouth. Luke raises an eyebrow at me and reaches for my wrist, but I step back again.

"You might have to try harder if you want another kiss," I say.

Luke lunges towards me, and I step back again. However this time, I bump into a random guy and Luke grabs my wrist. I shriek, pain bubbling up my arm from the sensitive bruises on my wrists. Luke releases me and grabs my waist, pulling me to him.

His eyes flood with worry as he grabs the fireball from me. "Baby, are you okay?"

I fight back the urge to cry and nod quickly. "Yeah I-I'm fine."

He cautiously grabs my forearm and inspects my wrists. Unbelievably gently, he kisses my wrists one after another. And after he kisses my lips just as carefully. "I was...WORRIED...about you earlier. If you don't like being here with me..."