Chapter 18

"Sami. Woah. What...happened?"

I smirk a little at Luke's response and loving the feeling of all eyes on me. I exchange a gloating glance with now blue-haired Michael, who is just as smug as me at the reaction of my change.

With a shrug, I say, "I just wanted change, you know?"

"That is so punk rock, Sami, not even kidding!" Calum exclaims.

Ashton frowns with a shrug. "It's definitely a change if that's what you were going for."

I turn to Luke. "What do you think of it?"

Oh yeah. They are voicing their opinions of my new hair. Aqua that ombrés into a light blue. The heat of the hair dye made me feel alive and awake. I love it. Something tells me my dad would kill me if he ever saw me like this.

Luke examines my hair. He takes a strand of it in between his fingers, twirling it around. "I don't like it."

My smug smile fades. "W-what?"

He shrugs. "It's not you. I like your brown hair better."

My eyebrows knit together in irritation. "Oh. But I didn't."

Luke drops my hair. "Sami, don't take it the wrong way. You look gorgeous, like usual. But it's weird. And might take time to get used to."

"Yeah okay..." I mumble, the moment snatched from my hands.

I flip my hair over my shoulder, puffing a stray strand from my face. Ashton glares once at Luke before turning back to me. "Did you did that all by yourself?"

I glance at Michael who nods once. I nod with a shrug. "Yeah." Michael mouths "I found two boxes on counter"

"I found the two boxes of hair dye on the counter and just decided right there," I say with a shrug, earning another small nod from Michael.

It's weird. I don't think the other guys noticed, but Michael is being...not an ass. I know for a fact he's not done plotting to fuck me, but for now, he's acting like he is.

Ashton giggles a little. "You and Michael match kinda. Both blue."

I shrug. "I was gonna go pink but that's a little too bright, wouldn't you think?"

"Blue is definitely better," Calum adds.

Ashton gives me a look. "So you're turning all punk on us now? What with the tattoo and now the hair-."

"Tattoo??" Luke asks unbelievingly.

"Tattoo? What tattoo?" I exclaim, trying desperately to hide the surprise at how he knows about the tattoo.

"You have a tattoo?" Michael asks curiously.

Ashton frowns. "The rose tattoo. I've seen it. Your shirt was riding up one morning when you were in Michael and my hotel room. I thought Michael saw it too. I assumed it was something everyone knew."

"What rose tattoo?" Luke and I say at the same time, Luke more in angry surprise and me in disbelieving mock innocence.

"Awkward..." Calum mumbles, walking calmly towards the den area.

Wait didn't Luke see the tattoo? Right after I got it.

"Luke. Why are you acting so surprised anyways?" I ask exasperated. "Didn't you see it?"

"No I definitely would have remembered if you had a rose tattoo," Luke says angrily.

I glare at him. "You're lying! Or you were drunk. But you couldn't have been because you had just gotten back from your concert. And you..."