Chapter 21

I jerk awake at the sound of a door slamming.

"Sam?"

I rub my eyes, slightly more sober than I was before I passed out on Ashton's bed. At least I think it's Ashton's bed; he put me here.

"Sami are you-?"

A now blue haired boy- it's still unnerving how his hair isn't red anymore-walks into the room. "Oh you're in here. Are you still drunk?"

"Michael, even if I was, how would I be able to tell?"

He chuckles a little. I tilt my head. "It's weird, I was expecting Ashton to come back dragging a drunk you back here. Usually that's what happens, according to him."

Michael smirks. "Well he's not wrong. I just didn't feel like-." He hiccups. "I'm just not as drunk as usual."

I pat the bed next to me. "Come sit down."

Michael hiccups again, his whole body jumping, making his hair bounce. He collapses next to me, hiccuping.

"Maybe you should have had Ashton bring you up here?"

Michael shakes his head. "I'm not that drunk. My brain's just a little fuzzy."

"Oh that's normal then."

Michael gives me a small glare before giving a burst of laughter. "Shut up, you little shithead."

I laugh too, leaning into him. "I'm not a shithead, you little bastard."

"Whatever you say, princess."

I sit up a little, my laughs dying instantly. I look away and lean away from him.

I can see Michael frown out of the corner of my eye. "Sami, what's wrong?"

I shake my head. "It's nothing..."

"No what is it?"

I sigh. And Michael shakes his head. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have called you princess..."

"You didn't mean-."

"Ever," Michael says forcefully. "I shouldn't have called you princess ever. I feel so shitty for all the stuff I did to you. I'm just a fuckboy, just like you said."

I shake my head, looking at him. "No, Michael. You made a mistake, it's okay. You got over it. Don't torture yourself over it."

Michael shakes his head, hiccuping still every so often. "No it wasn't fair to you and I can't take it back."

I grab his shoulder. "Michael."

He actually seems truly sorry. Because I know he is. I can feel it. And see it.

He's really close to me.

I lean back, releasing his shoulder. "Sorry...I just can't have you beating yourself up. It's over, okay? Just be better now."

He nods. Then he nods again. And then he's shaking his head. He puts his head in his hands, still shaking his head. His hands are wide, his fingers short, barely covering his face.

"Michael. Stop."

"It's not that...it's not the same thing...I just can't tell you." Hiccup.

I frown. "Tell me what."

"What I told Ashton. This morning."

"And what was that?"

He shakes his head. "You'd hate me again. You would never want to look at me again."

His green eyes are shining, his face pained, when he looks at me.

"I wouldn't hate you. Just tell me."