Chapter 23

I made it onto the bus and after I threw my stuff on the bed, I felt a slight touch of fingertips on the small of my back.

"Why the winter clothes?" I hear Michael say behind me, still in his raspy (attractive) morning voice.

I try to keep myself from leaning back into him and wrapping myself in him. "I had a chill. It doesn't feel 70 degrees. Seriously. Is it bad?"

"No, no. It's cute. You always look cute, trust me," Michael mumbles, his fingers brushing my waist and its all I can do from turning around and kissing him.

I look at him over my shoulder and smile. "You know how bad I want to kiss you right now?"

He places his hands on my waist and turns me around before letting me go. "It can't be more than I want to kiss you."

"You know Luke could walk in at any second," I tell him.

He sighs. "I know, I know. How's he doing this morning?"

I shrug, trying not to scratch at the bruise hidden under my shirt sleeve on my wrist. "He's okay. But Calum. Calum's getting laid, holy shit. Him and some chick were in the bathroom and-."

Michael shakes his head. "I got it. Don't explain. Please."

I laugh and grab his arm. "I'm sorry but it was so weird oh my god."

He laughs too. "Well I'm glad your morning has been going okay."

I shake my head at him with a smile. "Since when did you start being such a cheeseball?"

"Oh right, for some reason you like when I'm an ass," Michael says with a laugh.

He clears his throat. He puts a scowl on his face. Before he can say anything, Ashton pops up from his bunk, scaring the hell out of me and sending me flying away from Michael and into my bunk. "Luke's coming."

I run a hand through my hair. "You gave me a heart attack. Jesus, Ashton."

"You're welcome," Ashton says sarcastically. "Be more careful with how close you get. I won't always be around to look out for you two."

Michael leans forward and quickly plants a kiss firmly on my lips before sitting down at his bunk, putting a scowl on his face just in time for Luke to show up.

I am struck on how automatically he goes to jerk around others. It's unnerving. I might have a talk with him about it.

"Calum's coming. I think. He has to kick out the girl quick. She was clingy," Luke huffs, sitting down on my bed next to me. I flinch at the contact of his shoulder against mine. Across, Michael's eyes flash worry for a hardly noticeable moment.

"He knew we had an early morning. Did he really have to have sex today? Couldn't he have waited until we got to the next city?" Michael scoffs.

Luke shrugs. "Beats me. He needs therapy or something."

As if on cue, Calum comes racing on. He runs a hand through his hair, slick with sweat and I shudder. "Shit that chick wasn't going to leave. What the fuck man? You just left me!"

Luke shakes his head. "It's your fault for bringing her back when we had to leave today."

"What the hell? What are you talking about you little-?"

He pauses. He glances at me and then at Michael and back at Luke. "You still didn't have a reason to leave me alone with that little hoe! Jesus, mate!"

"Lesson learned?" Ashton asks from his bunk.

Calum rolls his eyes. "Shut up. I didn't need to learn anything. Luke just ditched me."

"Calum, he probably didn't know," I try to explain.

Calum sighs, messing up his hair. "Whatever. I'm going to play halo or something. If anyone wants to join me, you can."

"Me," Ashton automatically agrees, getting up and following Cal to the back.

Michael glances at me before getting up and following. Leaving me alone with Luke.

"Luke."

He raises his eyebrows. "Yeah?"

I shake my head, drawing back my sleeve in a way that would seem habitual. "Nothing..."

He frowns. "Are you okay?"

I scratch at my bruise, trying to get him to notice. "Yeah I'm fine..."

He glances down before he says. "Hey, I'll make it better."

He grips my waist and not so gently presses his lips to mine. But this time, my heart doesn't flutter in my chest. It's a normal boring pace. I grab his shoulder and kiss back, but not very enthusiastically.

And he tries to push me down. Onto my bunk.

"Luke," I mumble, shoving him. "I told you how many times I really don't want to."

His hands move to the hem of my shirt and he pushes one underneath and I grab his wrist and pull it out. "Luke. Are you even listening to me??"

"I always listen to you, baby. Just stay quiet. Just let it happen. Relax," he mumbles, rubbing my side gently.

I shake my head. "Luke. No. I said no. The guys are right over there-."

"If you're quiet, it won't even matter," Luke says.

I am about to argue more when his presses his lips to my soft spot on my throat and I let out an involuntary, strangled moan.

I slap a hand to my mouth. Luke reaches up and pulls it away so he can kiss me. I put my hands on his chest and push him. "Luke please stop."

"Hold on guys I'll be right back, I just have to grab a drink quick."

Luke sits up with a scowl on his face as Michael (my hero of the day) passes through with barely a glance my way. But it's enough for me to mouth "thank you" at him. He could hear it. I know he could.

Thank god he could.

********************************
A/N:

Luke.
Michael.
I hope you're leaning a certain way right now after all that's happened.

So short update. But it's a big one. The next few are. So heads up.

Vote comment all that shit. Love you guys! x