Chapter 15

"Woah Sami."

Luke wraps his arms around my waist, looking over my outfit. I glance up at him. "You like it?"

He nods slowly, taking in the black jean short shorts, the ruffled white tank top, and the half-sleeved leather jacket that I had just changed into. "It's different. But it's a nice different. I like it."

"Well let's get down and meet the guys before they get totally drunk," I urge him.

We walk down the street, the night not as cool as usual on the east coast. I actually shiver the second I step into the extremely air conditioned bar.

"Luke!" I hear Ashton's high pitched shout from across the bar and I spot him sitting up on his bar stool, waving us over.

As we reach the guys, Michael, while cleaning under his fingernails with a toothpick, sneers "Took you guys long enough, what were you up-."

He looks up halfway through his insult and his jaw goes slack. I frown pulling away from Luke. Michael seems to have spaced, the toothpick dropping from his fingers.

"Michael. Mikey. Clifford," Calum says, tapping his head with his forefinger as he walks past. However, Michael remains unresponsive. It takes me a second to realize he is staring at me.

Calum notices me and Luke and he smirks. "Looking good Sam. That's hot. New outfit?"

I nod, ignoring Michael's shocked stare. "Bought it while you guys were out."

"YO CLIFFORD!" Calum says after nodding.

Michael suddenly starts, blinking rapidly. He quickly turns away from me and focuses wholly on Calum. "What?!"

Calum steps back. "Woah man calm down. I was just asking if you saw that chick back in the corner. She's hella hot and I thought getting laid would make you less irritable."

He crosses his arms. "Where?"

Calum points to the back corner of the bar. I follow his finger to a blonde haired dame probably like every other girl Michael's fucked, and this poor girl is probably his next victim.

With a frustrated sigh, Michael pushes away from the bar, messing his red hair up a little with his hand before going over by the blonde.

"Hey Sam, you gonna stay on my couch?" Ashton asks me from the bar. Before I answer he catches the bar tender with a quick, "Shot of fireball."

I shrug. "Sure yeah. You're staying with...?"

"Mikey. But don't worry about him, he'll be passed out drunk by the time we get back, no shouting matches between you guys tonight," Ashton reassures.

Luke pouts a little. "You don't want to sleep with me?"

I purse my lips. "Luke..."

He closes his eyes. "No no it's okay. Next city though? Please?"

I stare at him a while, contemplating whether or not I should keep Ashton's advice or just give into Luke to make him happy. I give him a weak smile. "Okay. Next city."

That lights up his face as he grabs a requested bottle of crown beer. "You guys ready to drink the night away?"

I shrug, snatching the tiny shot glass that appeared in front of me, thanks to Ashton. "Ready when you guys are."

*

As I lead three drunk guys back to the hotel in the dead of night, I'm thankful for sober Ashton and my decision to only have one shot tonight. I have my arms looped in Luke and Calum's arms and Ashton is helping Michael as we keep them from stumbling.