Chapter 7

"Welcome back love birds. I was just leaving," a now sober Calum tells us as he passes just as we get back from our date to Mackinaw's.

Before slipping out the door, Calum grabs my shoulder, making me cry out, thinking he was Michael. I sigh. "Yeah Calum?"

"I'm sorry for last night. I promise I'm not usually like that. I was pretty drunk," he apologizes softly.

I nod, pulling my hair behind my ear. "Yeah it's fine. It was just the alcohol. Don't worry about it."

He nods as if that settled it and shuts the door. I turn back around and go over to Luke, a smile faint on my face as I try to ignore Michael's burning stare from the other side of the room. Luke grabs my hand and draws me onto his lap. I wrap one arm around his neck and he lays a kiss on my throat and I bite my lip.

"Please not in front of me, I just ate," Ashton teases from the other bed.

"C'mon Ashton. Don't tell me you don't want to record porn with all your heart and soul. If you said no, I don't think I know you," Luke jokes and I giggle a little.

As Ashton replies, Luke's hand on my thigh starts rubbing little circles all over and it makes me shiver in pleasure.

"I do not, for the last time, record porn. If you haven't forgotten, Michael is the only one who has," Ashton shoots back.

"I deleted that a long time ago," Michael says in a low tone, as if he's bitter about having to break his stare at me and be brought into the conversation.

"Deleted as in 'put into a folder that says trash but is really for all the porn you've recorded,'" Luke suggests.

"It was one time, Hemmings. And I deleted it. It's not even in the trash folder. I erased it from my phone totally," Michael says, rolling his eyes.

Ashton chuckles. "Well my point IS I don't record porn. I would never."

"Never say never, Ashton," I pipe up.

Ashton rolls his eyes as if I've been in the conversation this whole time. Michael's eyes are back on me quicker than I can think. "It's as if Luke is teaching you comebacks. Don't use that one. Or any that Luke comes up. Because he sucks."

"Hey!" Luke shouts, his thumb on my thigh stopping its path momentarily. "I do not!"

"See? You can't even defend yourself better than 'I do not,'" Ashton points out.

Luke freezes in thought and it only crosses my mind for a moment how hot it looks when he's thinking like that. "I can to!"

"Oh my god," Ashton groans with a laugh.

I start laughing and Luke makes a face, his thumb circling again. "Come on, you guys are such assholes."

Ashton holds up a hand. "Here let me show you how it's done: I can't be an asshole because I would remember if you would have licked me."

I cover my mouth to suppress the giggles. Luke glares at Ashton. "Maybe I just don't like assholes that already have a dick up them."

I bury my head in Luke's shoulder and laugh into his shirt. I can tell he feels accomplished in making me laugh.

"Well then get your dick out of me, you douche," Ashton shoots back.

I wrap both my arms around Luke's back and tears stain his shirt from laughing so hard. "That's not me. You must be thinking of your mom last night."

My stomach hurts because I can't stop laughing. Ashton doesn't hesitate. "No wait, that was your mom, wasn't it? I-."

"WOULD YOU GUYS JUST SHUT UP?!" Michael yells.

I stop laughing, still hiccuping though. Luke's thumb on my thigh stops and we all stare at Michael.

"Well shit," Luke mumbles for only me to hear.

Michael glowers out the window now. "Thanks."

Ashton gives us a look as if he's an embarrassed parent with a screaming child in a super market. He glares over at Michael and none of us say anything, afraid of setting him off again.

No one is more terrified than I am. He actually looked mad. Something I don't want to see again.

"Is someone sour today?" Ashton asks Michael. Michael grunts, not glancing at Ashton in the slightest or bothering to actually answer.

"See I told you that you can't get cocky. Eventually a girl would turn you down. What'd she look like?" Ashton asks.

Michael looks at Ashton in a mix of surprise and anger. "Who said it was a girl who said no to me? Girls never say no to me!"

His eyes are on me now, and I really want to hide behind Luke.

"What'd she look like?" Luke repeats what Ashton said.

Michael rolls his eyes. "She was medium height, long legs, huge ass, long brown hair and blue eyes. She was at the club last night. And when I said I liked her shoes, she told me to go to hell."

I freeze, hoping neither Luke nor Ashton puts two and two together: that he just described me. I sit in silence, praying and avoiding Michael's eyes.

"Aw sucks man. Sounds like a keeper," Luke says apologetically.

"You WOULD think that," Michael says to Luke, and it takes all I am not to look at Michael and flip him off then and there. I pinch my lips together and press my shoulder against Luke's for support.

"Well maybe if you go back tonight, you'll have another chance at her," Ashton says.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Michael smirk. "We'll see."

"Thinking about that, were you planning on going back to the club tonight?" Luke asks me.

I shrug, trying to be casual about how terrified I'd be if I was in that club with Michael there. "I don't have anything besides that red dress to wear. Emma went home, so I can't ask her if she has anything else."

"Right, girls don't like wearing clothes more than one day in a row," Ashton mumbles and Luke laughs.

"You can wear the dress again. You looked good in it."

I really don't want to go. "Okay, fine. Just don't leave me, okay?"

"I promise I won't," Luke says with a chuckle.

I feel satisfaction at the scowl that Michael gets from hearing that. He wants to get me? Well he has to compete, and I know he'll lose.

***********************************

AN:

Thank you all so much for reading this! It is my first published fanfiction and I hope you all stick around to continue through the story! Next chapter in a couple days. It's spring break where I am so I'll get a lot done. Once again thank you so much!