Chapter 9

As soon as my eyes groggily open, I feel the hangover crash around me.

"Dammit," I mumble, pressing a hand to my forehead.

At my motion, I feel a tickling sensation below my ear. "Good morning."

I groan a little, turning in Luke's arms to face him. I bury my face in his chest, wrapping my arms around his waist, and his whole body shakes a little as he chuckles.

"Get me some ibuprofen," I mumble into his bare chest, but since it was muffled by his chest and by the many blankets surrounding us, it kinda sounded like "gemme so' iffofofen".

"You regretting that last fireball?" He mumbles sleepily, yet I can still hear the smile in his voice.

"Mmhmm," I groan.

I feel him rubbing my back gently and I press closer to him, wishing for the possibility of sleep to come back.

"Luke. Get your bitch up and going, we have to leave in a couple hours."

Instantly I sense Luke tense up.

I mean to say "shut the fuck up Michael" but it kind of sounds like "shoot tha fu up mikal"

Luke just kind of repeats what I meant to say. "Shut the fuck up Michael, like you actually care about being on time. You're still just jealous because you let that one girl get away. Don't take it out on us."

"Oh I'd hardly say she got away," I hear before the door to the hotel room slams shut.

I shiver a little. His hoarse morning voice is terrifying as it is attractive.

Woah what did I just think?!

"Don't worry about it Luke just ignore him," I mutter to him.

He sighs. "Yeah but he's right, I probably should get up. You're welcome to stay in bed as long as you want, but I need to start getting packed for the next tour stop."

My eyes open and I pull back a little, looking up at Luke. "Dammit. Alright."

Before he slips out of the bed, I plant a kiss on his cheek and he smiles.

He shuts himself in the bathroom and I sit up in the bed, stretching a little before the pounding in my head makes me groan. I message my temples when I hear a giggly laugh.

"Ashton, what do you want?" I ask.

"Oh, someone is bitter today," Ashton teases.

I don't respond. Instead I throw one of the pillows on the bed at him. However, due to the pain in my head and practically my whole body, I miss him by several feet.

"Next time you go to a club or bar, drink fireball by the shot instead of by the bottle," Ashton advises me. "It's a little strong to just chug two bottles of."

"Thanks for letting me know now," I mumble, glaring at him.

Ashton chuckles. "To the bartender, you probably looked like you were TRYING to get drunk."

"Who says I wasn't?" I ask, glaring at him.

"Me. Because you weren't. You kept insisting you weren't drunk," Ashton says with a smirk.

"That doesn't mean anything," I say with a shrug.

Ashton rolls his eyes. "Come on, Sam. Be for real. You're not like that. That's not you-."

"How do you know what I'm like?" I question. "You've known me for a few days."

Ashton shrugs. "You are so readable. And you might as well stop denying who you are to me because you're gonna be around for awhile."