Chapter 4

The cold night air causes me to sigh as Luke and I step out of the boiling club and into the street. Every step towards the hotel makes my heart pound faster and louder, recalling my conversation with Ashton.

I stop in the doorway of the hotel. "Hold on. I need to call Emma and at least leave a voicemail. I don't want her to worry."

Luke nods, stopping to wait for me. I dial up Emma and listen to the phone ring, once, twice, three times.

"Hello? Sam?"

My eyes light up. "Emma! Hey! How's it going?"

"Good! Where the hell are you? I can't find anyone in here."

I laugh. "I know. So hey, listen, I just left and when you get back I may not be in the room. Okay?"

"Wait, please don't tell me you agreed to fuck with a guy. You're a good girl!"

"No no," I tell her. "We aren't going to fuck. I wouldn't let him. We just wanted quiet and stuff. Alright bye!"

I hang up quickly and shove my phone back in my purse and walk back over to Luke. "She's good. Let's go."

Once we are in the elevator, Luke presses the 6 button and we start moving. I unbuckle my heels and sigh in relief at my heels at the same height as my toes. I feel even shorter next to Luke now that I am 9 inches shorter. Luke chuckles at me and I roll my eyes.

"You try walking around in 9 inch heels for two hours, huh?" I challenge him.

He puts his arms up. "No no. I'm good."

Once we're on the sixth floor, Luke leads me down the hall and stops at one of them.

"It's probably a pigsty in here. Sorry," he tells me as he shoves the key in the slot. As soon as I see the inside of the room, my heart starts to pound. I don't want to have to stop him from trying anything with me.

I put my heels next to the door and walk in, Luke's hand hovering right behind the base of my back. It's not as messy as I was expecting and I voice my opinion out loud. Luke chuckles, "I guess I forgot I cleaned it. Do you wanna sit down? And are you actually gonna drink that, or should I throw it away?"

I suddenly realize that I had grabbed the fireball from Ashton before leaving again. I hardly remember it even. "Oh yeah, I'll drink it. Do you want any?"

Luke shakes his head. "I had enough back at the club."

I sit down on one of the two beds and Luke plops down behind me, casually lying across the whole bed. I giggle a little before taking a swig of fireball.

"It's a lot quieter up here and we'll be alone for at least an hour or so. The guys probably will stay down there all night," Luke tells me.

I don't know why that matters, but I nod. "Yeah, good."

He smirks a little, sitting up and motioning for me to sit back by him. I smooth down my dress before climbing onto the bed and sitting back against the headboard next to him.

I look up at him. "You were going to tell me about your band."

Luke grins, wrapping his arm around my waist again where it belongs. "Fine. If you really want to know that badly. Well...we used to be strictly YouTube performers."

I nod, leaning into him and putting my hand on his chest. "Go on."

"And it was just me at first. And then Calum and Michael starting playing with me. And then Ashton. We did it for laughs and because we were just being dumb. But one day..." He stops and smiles and I look up at him expectantly. "We got noticed. It changed our lives..."