Chapter 33

To my surprise, the first person to hug me goodbye is Calum.

"See you later, kid. It'll be weird not having you around after so long of you being a pain in my ass," Calum says, hugging me to him.

I laugh. "Thanks, Cal. Means a lot."

Ashton comes up next and gives me a huge bear hug, squishing me. "I'll miss ya. Can't wait till we see you again. And you can count on us coming to see you real soon."

"Good. I'll miss you Ash," I say quietly, hugging him back.

Luke walks up to me, not really making eye contact. "See you later, Sam."

I nod. "Hey Luke?"

He looks down at me. "Yeah?"

I smile at him. "You'll be okay. You're attractive. You'll get a new girl. Just don't use the whole 'rape her like a douchebag' tactic. That doesn't go over well."

Luke smirks a little. "Thanks for the tip, Evans. I'll miss you."

"You want a hug or not?"

He rolls his eyes and we hug, but it means nothing but friendship now. And I can tell he knows that.

Michael is at my side as soon as I pull away from Luke. His hand hovers at the base of my back. "You ready, Princess?"

I press my lips tightly together. And I nod. "Yeah."

And we leave the guys at the front of the hotel to get to the car arranged to take us to the airport.

Once in the car, we are both silent. I'm looking out my window at the star filled sky and I can see Michael out of the corner of my eyes looking at me.

"Baby?"

"Yeah Mikey?"

He shifts over to the middle seat so that there is less space between us. "It's gonna be okay. Your dad...well if he does anything to you, you just call me and I will come and take care of things."

I search his face and I can tell he really means it. I smile lightly at him and nod. "Thanks Mikey."

"Call me whenever too. Just to talk. Or FaceTime me. Or text me. Whenever you want," Michael adds. "If you need someone to talk to."

"God Mikey."

He smiles. "Hey. I'm just gonna miss you. It'll be really weird. I can't lean over and kiss you whenever I want to."

"Don't worry. Come visit me and we can kiss all you want. And maybe..." I trail a finger down his chest. "We can have more fun again."

He smirks. "You know I can't say no to you."

"So there's a plan then? Next time I see you? You come over without a shirt, k?" I say and he laughs.

"I like it when you're horny. It's kind of adorable," Michael whispers.

"Am I a sexy kind of adorable?"

He bites his lip. "Baby you are hella sexy."

"Nice to hear."

He laughs again. "God I'm going to miss you."

I lean over and kiss him. "Spare me your goodbyes for when we get to Providence. I'm not ready to say goodbye yet."

His smile is a little sad when he replies. "Okay. I don't want to say goodbye yet anyways."

"Am I allowed to make out with you in the back of this car?"

Michael rolls his eyes. "You don't even have to ask."

And soon we're both unbuckled and our lips are locked. Michael is sprawled across the seats and I'm on top of him. He grips my thighs to pull me into him, closer to him.