Chapter 12

"You know, I've never been to DC before," I muse aloud to the guys.

"That's a little sad, considering we're from a different country and have been to your country's capital before you," Luke tells me, his hand on my shoulder.

After I woke him up, we all decided to eat and now, a couple hours later, we're back in the kitchen area, Ashton slightly burning a box of Kraft while I sit on Luke's lap with Calum and Michael sitting at the table, Michael completely ignoring my existence altogether.

I had scrunched my nose when they suggested macaroni and cheese for lunch.

"That's all we have left. Calum said he'd restock but never did," Ashton had responded to that, glaring at Calum, who just smiled.

Later he had whispered to me that he purposely didn't so they'd have to finish the Kraft before he bought anything else.

"Well I've never really-." I stop myself. I was about to admit I had limited money for big trips like going to DC. But I can't really allow that knowledge getting out. "I've never really wanted to go. Politics and history aren't my thing, and that's basically everything in DC."

Luke nods, but out of the corner of my eye, Michael narrows his eyes at me, as if he can see right past my fib. But that's impossible.

I pick at my black nail polish a little before saying, "What's your band called? You never told me."

Luke stiffens a little and Ashton frowns. "Dude, did you not-?"

Luke shakes his head and I frown too, turning around on his lap to face him. "Luke, why won't you tell me? It's just the name of your band. It's not like I'm asking about your active sex life."

"No i just-."

I shake my head. "What's so bad about just telling me your band's name?"

"I just...it's not important." He closes his mouth and shakes his head.

I whip out my phone. "Fine."

I go on safari and before Luke knows what I'm doing, I spring off his lap.

"Sami!" He shouts.

I start walking away as I type his name in the search bar. 'Luke Hemmings.'

My phone is suddenly snatched from my hand and I turn around, irritation redding my face. "Luke give me my phone."

"No. I don't want you looking up my band," he says, pocketing my phone.

I glare at him. "Luke. It's not a big deal. I just want to know what you guys call yourselves. What your fans call you. I just want to be a part of things. Give me my phone back right now."

"No."

"I'll get the guys to talk. They'll tell me," I threaten.

Luke shakes his head. "They won't tell you."

"Why? Because you told them not to?" I say sarcastically.

He nods. "Something like that."

I groan. "Just give me my fucking phone, Luke."

"Sam, it's for your own good. It's best if you don't know," Luke promises.

"Why does it matter? I'll find out eventually!" I am practically yelling by now. I'm pissed.

"By then, it will be okay if you know," Luke explains.

I roll my eyes. "What does that even mean?!"

"Just trust me."

I sigh, thinking of a plan. "If I promise not to look up your band, can I have my phone back?"