Chapter 19

Maybe it was wrong to be excited.

Or not.

"You mean I can go? Like for real?!" I exclaim with a wide smile.

"That's what Luke said, wasn't it?" Calum says.

Luke allows the hug I give him, and I give him a quick kiss on the cheek. "Oh my god! I can't wait to see you guys live!"

"You have seen us live," Ashton points out.

I roll my eyes. "Still doesn't count. I didn't realize it and wasn't paying attention."

"You'll have fun, don't worry. I'm just wary about leaving you alone out there. And do you want to leave after we play?" Luke asks.

I shrug. "If you guys are leaving, I will too."

"Good because I need to get my club on," Calum says, rubbing his hands together.

Well Phili is here. We leave the bus, dragging what little we need off with us to the hotel.

"Ashton, I'm staying with you and Michael again, right?"

Ashton nods. "Sure. I like that plan."

Michael frowns. "Hey Ashton. While the others go up, can I talk to you quick?"

Ashton shrugs, not thinking anything of it. "Okay. You guys go on up. Here Sam." He hands me the key to our room. "Get settled in, okay?"

I nod. Luke slips an arm around my waist as we go to the elevator. Calum slams the buttons with an entertained smile.

"Calum, you are a child," I tell him.

"Hey, I can't deny the facts can I?"

I laugh and I can feel Luke chuckle next to me. Before the elevators open to let us in, Michael and Ashton are already back, Michael snatching the key back from me, not really looking at me. I roll my eyes and shake my head. The elevator opens and we are let in.

Once inside, Luke leans against the wall and I lean against him. I feel a vibration and Luke frowns. He takes out his phone. "Hello?"

He doesn't change expression as I hear chatter on the other end. "Yeah...Yeah okay...Yeah Harry, okay...Okay bye."

I giving him a searching look. "What was that all about?"

Luke shoves his phone in his pocket. He looks at Ashton. "It was Harry. He needs two of us to head over to their hotel for something. Before we go to the concert. He said preferably me and you."

Ashton nods. "Alright. We should go then."

"Wait what about Sam? You probably can't take her," Calum points out.

Luke curses. "Dammit. Michael."

Michael looks at me. "You need me to babysit?"

I glare at him. "Fuck off, Clifford."

"Just keep her safe, got it? I'm trusting you," Luke says.

I glance at Luke. "Luke I'm not a baby. I can take care of myself. I don't need Michael to watch over me. What about Calum? Can't I go with Calum?"

Calum shakes his head. "Sorry, kid. I have to do something myself. You're stuck with him."

I groan. "Or can't I just come with you? I would love to meet Harry Styles."

Ashton shakes his head. "Harry wouldn't like that. You are a fan. I just think the best plan is you stay with Michael. It'll be fine, just play nice."