Chapter 26

"HOLY SHIT!"

Michael and I release each other at the sudden exclamation. It could have been anyone that happened to walk across us and it just so happened to be someone we wanted so very desperately not to know.

Michael holds up his hands. "Okay, this is easily explainable-."

"Explainable?!" A now ecstatic Calum shouts.

My only thought on my mind is that it isn't Luke and I don't have to face him.

Yet.

"Cal, it's not totally-."

Calum starts laughing hysterically. My jaw goes slack. He's LAUGHING. Michael and I step out of the elevator as Calum laughs into his hands.

I glance up at Michael who is just as nervous as I am. What the hell?

"So here's the thing. I always-," Calum pauses to laugh, "I always thought you were going to cheat, Sam."

I frown and give him a hurt expression. "W-what?!"

"Except, you guys fooled everyone you hated each other. And that made me put my money on Irwin!" Calum explains snorting still, trying to calm his breathing.

"So you are NOT mad?"

He takes a huge breath, his laughs subsiding, before staring us down. "No. I'm still mad. Pretty mad. In fact-."

"But what about Luke? You're not mad at him?!" I burst out.

Michael's hand covers my mouth before I can lift my hand to cover what I just admit to. Calum tilts his head at me. "I knew it. I FUCKING KNEW IT. You were up last night! You heard! You and HIM," Calum points at Michael.

"But you aren't mad at him? After what he did to Sam?" Michael exclaims.

Calum glares at Michael. "In fact I am. I'm disappointed in both him and you, Sam. You too Mike."

"Don't worry..."

Michael and Calum both look at me. I pinch my lips together. "I-I'm going to tell Luke tonight."

No response. Just silent stares. I cross my arms, looking at my shoes until someone decides to speak.

"You...you're going to...TELL...LUKE??" Michael asks in complete shock.

"Michael, can we talk about this later..." I mumble.

"What?! No! We can't talk about this later! This is important," he replies. He grabs my arm gently.

Calum shakes his head. "To be honest, it didn't hit me you were one to have a death wish."

I frown. "It's not a death wish. I just don't want Luke and I to be living a lie, trying to have something that isn't there."

"So you're going to break up with him?" Calum asks with a raised eyebrow.

I nod, still frowning. "Yeah. I was hoping you'd infer that far. We both cheated. Obviously something isn't working out here."

"Fair point," Calum mutters.

"But he's gonna..." Michael trails off. "Well I'm not sure what he's gonna do, but it'll be bad. I'm not sure you should-."

I shake my head, cutting him off. "Michael...Mikey. Look me in the eyes and truly tell me you don't want me to walk up to Luke right now and tell him that I belong to you."

Michael pinches his lips together and after a few seconds of searching my eyes, he backs off, looking away. I nod. "Exactly. I have to, Calum don't you think?"