Chapter 20

"I should get drunk more often."

Luke's arm circles my waist carefully. Because I'm wasted. He allowed me drink too much again. "Maybe you shouldn't."

"What are you talking about? This is awesome!" I exclaim in a slur.

"Not awesome."

Michael, who is standing to our left, smirks. "She's really fulfilling that new bad girl brand, isn't she? Make you feel like a babysitter?"

Luke scowls at Michael. They are discussing me as if I can't understand them. Maybe I can't fully understand them. How would I know? "No. And it's your fault, anyways."

"My fault? I'm innocent."

Luke rolls his eyes. "Bullshit. It's always something you do. Where did you guys go before the concert today?"

Michael shrugs. "Team bonding."

"My ass. She got another tattoo, didn't she?"

"I'm not going to deny the truth."

Luke sighs. "Where? What of?"

Michael glances down at me snuggled against Luke's chest. I catch a small glint of something in his green eyes. But maybe it's just the alcohol. "It's on her back. Go ahead and look."

"Michael!"

He shrugs. "If you aren't comfortable taking advantage of a drunk girl, then don't worry, it's not the same thing. You're just lifting up her shirt a little."

Luke shakes his head. "It's the same. It's all the same. I don't want to let any air on her back here. Especially with everyone else around."

"Fine I'll do it."

"Michael!"

Michael sighs. "How many times are you going to say my name as if it's an accusation?"

"Do you even know the meaning of the word accusation?"

"Do you?"

"You're avoiding the question," Luke mumbles.

"You're avoiding the situation. Do you want to know what the tattoo is or not?"

I look up at Luke. He's so pretty. Why are they acting like this? All mean to each other. "It's a flower," I say with a frown. "Why are you mad, Lukey?"

"Yes Lukey. Why are you mad?" Michael says patronizingly.

"I'm not mad, baby. I'm just frustrated," Luke says, ignoring Michael.

"Baby?" Michael says with a snort. "Don't."

"Well she's drunk. I have to be a little bit soft with her," Luke says.

Michael shakes his head. "She's drunk, not two. You don't like when others patronize you, but it's okay to patronize her?"

"Why do you care? You treat her like shit," Luke snaps, smoothing my hair back.

"Treated," Michael snaps back. "As in, not anymore. I've learned that maybe I was being...unreasonable."

Luke rolls his eyes. "Unreasonable. You hate her. You hate each other. She would agree if she wasn't drunk."

"Michael dyed my hair and got me tattoos. He's the best," I slur. Why did I say that? I don't hate him, but I don't like him. He's just a guy who hangs out with my boyfriend. Who's in the same band as my boyfriend. Who wanted to fuck me. But then got me to be friends with him somehow. Who sleeps in the same room as me-.

Being drunk is dangerous. Dangerous thoughts.

"He's not the best baby. He's mean to you," Luke mumbles into my ear.