Breathless: Chapter 1

"That's the third one you've had in the last hour!" I yelled naggingly at Steve. The DX was already busy and he just keeps coming back for a Pepsi. Drinking away.

"Alright, mother." He sneered after chugging another bottle. There were so many people waiting for gas and kids piling in to buy snacks or even steal them but I knew very well how to prevent that from happening.

As Aj was taking care of pumping gas, I snuck up on a group of kids trying to read a playboy magazine. Once they tried to smuggle it in their jackets I jumped up and screamed, which probably scared them shitless. They dropped the magazine and ran out of the store in an instant.

Steve came back in chuckling, "If you keep doing that we'll go out of business!" He attempted to grab another bottle of soda but I shut the refrigerator door sassily.

"And if you keep drinking these bottles of coke there won't even be a penny left in your pay check." Trust me, I was doing this for the better. "Now go outside and do your job!" Oh golly, I do sound like a mother.

He walked grudgingly back to the garage. I checked out items for some customers and the rush hour was finally finished. We all got to take a rest from the frantic frenzy. Thank goodness it was almost time to lock up and head home.

All of a sudden we heard a girl scream from outside of the gas station. We curiously followed the noise and it lead us right across the street. Once we saw three Socs we all knew that trouble was brewing.

They were circling a figure on the ground. She might've cussed them out because the big one went to grab her legs and drag her to the alleyway behind them. The three of us ran towards the scene and tried to stop it.

Steve started pounding on the big guy that was trying to harm the poor girl. Aj and I took out the two smaller ones. They ran away immediately and we turned our attention to the victim.

She was out cold. They didn't hurt her yet so I guess she just fainted. Steve picked up the tall, blonde girl and started heading for the car. "Oh one second guys, let me lock up." I called to them.

I ran ahead of them with my keys dangling in my hand. I quickly closed the garage door and locked the entrances. When I got back to the car, the engine was already running and sleeping beauty was strapped in the backseat where I sat next to her.

We drove to the Curtis house by habit. Nobody was here yet. We carried the sleeping stranger inside and laid her on the couch. She woke up almost a minute after.

At first she was quite scared but when she saw our faces she relaxed almost instantly. "I thank you very much for helping me back there." She said regally in a thick, country accent.

"Well you're in the Curtis house. I'm Elle, that's Aj, and Steve's over there with cake in his mouth." I laughed.

"Oh my... I know where I am. This is Darry's house..." She said quietly, sitting up and looking around. "Is he here? Darry?" She snapped back into reality almost panicking as she fixed her hair.

"Um, no not yet. He should be back soon though. Why, is something wrong?" I asked clearly confused. She already knew Darry? Before she could even answer, the door swung open and revealed Darry and the rest of the gang.

When he looked up his face was clouded with shock, confusion, and a hint of happiness. "Skye?!" He exclaimed.

-----------------

Hey!!

Hope you like the first chapter!

Next update: tomorrow

Spoiler: love takes a twist...

Vote and comment! Tell me what you think! Thanks for reading!

-Mar

-----------------