Breathless: Chapter 14

Everyday was different in its own way. But today felt especially peculiar. Austin felt it, too. I just couldn't put my finger on it.

I had this burning feeling inside of me throughout the entire day. Everything I did made me feel weird. I zoned out and was in my own little world while I paid attention to the tiniest details.

"Elle, are you okay?" Darry asked worriedly, "You don't look too good." I looked at him confused. Did I look as weird as I felt?

I shrugged and he walked over and sat down beside me. I looked down. "Hey kiddo, why don't you head upstairs and get some sleep. You look like you haven't slept in ages," he said lifting my chin up with his finger.

He was right. I hadn't noticed that I've spent many sleepless nights. I headed upstairs and laid down in my bed. I sighed and rolled around to get into a comfortable position.

Just as I was about to close my eyes, my door creaked open slowly. I looked over to see Austin. He had this pained look in his eyes. He get the same way I did.

I still couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. That is until Austin started tearing up. "I... miss him... so much..." He said choking back sobs.

I couldn't believe I almost forgot about him. Maybe the right thing to do was to remember not to forget. I didn't want to cry in front of him. "I know, it's okay..." holding back my tears.

"Mom," he said, "it's okay not to be okay..." He really meant, 'Mom, it's okay to cry. You don't always have to be strong.'

I bawled and let it all go, gripping Austin tightly in my arms. I shut my eyes and sobbed loudly. "I wish I could just see him one more time," I cried shaking my head.

Austin broke. His cries were loud and he couldn't hold it back anymore. Our breathing was unstable. I coughed every time I exhaled. When Austin inhaled it was shaky.

We stayed there crying our eyes out until we ran out of tears. Our heads pounded and we were lightheaded. Afterwards, I voiced became raspy.

I fell asleep with red tearstained cheeks. Austin fell asleep in my arms frowning. I dreamt of Dallas and all of us together.

I woke up with a sad smile. The gang walked in silently. We were both awake again. They probably heard us crying before and came to give support.

We all sat squished on the small bed cuddling with each other. We were two people short, though. Soda and Dallas should've been there. I frowned and closed my eyes embracing my family.

The pain in my chest grew larger when I prayed to God we won't lose anybody else. I couldn't get along with anyone else away. I could barely get along without Soda or Dallas.

---------------------
Sigh -,- I cried writing this

Short chapter :c

Spoiler: last chapter

Update: Monday-Wednesday