Chapter 21

-Johnny's POV-

I felt scratches on her arms and looked down to see cuts. I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. My little darlin' was cutting herself! "Elle?" Tears were already slipping from my eyes and my voice cracked.

She ran to the washroom while I went to the living room. The whole gang was there, watching me as tears fell from my eyes. Aj went followed Elle to the washroom. The gang kept asking me what was wrong. "Elle...cuts herself..." I gulped and wiped my never-ending tears.

Everybody started crying. Darry was disappointed but still empathic, Steve was upset, but Pony, Dallas, Two Bit, and I were crying the hardest. Big ol' Dal was trying to hide his tears.

Aj came back with Elle. Hair in her face, head down. We stared at her tears in our eyes. Then everything became nothing. We were lost in nothing. Everything was black, there was a deafening silence, the only thing we could feel was our warm, salty tears, and time froze.

We stayed there, lost in thought. We snapped out of it once we realized Elle was missing! She left! There were Socs out to get her! Her mom was going to kill her!

The gang searched the places they always hung out with her. I checked the park, Two Bit checked the house, Dal and Aj checked Bucks, Steve checked the DX, and Darry and Pony drove around.

We met back at the lot at 3am. Nobody found her. She was missing. We checked everywhere, even in Soc territory, but there was no sign of Elle.

-Elle's POV-

I saw Darry's truck, they almost caught me but I ran through alleyways and hopped fences. I'm never coming back, they won't want me to come back.

I turned a corner and bumped into someone. There was a sharp pain in my stomach. It was hard to breathe. I looked up to see my mother smiling evilly down at me. I looked down to see a pool of blood forming through my shirt and a knife sticking out of my stomach. Everything became dark.

-Soda's POV-

The Big Man called me over to the gates. I wondered why the whole time it took me to get there. When I arrived, my jaw dropped and tears were forming in my eyes. "Elle?"

Elle was laying on the ground before me. It looked like she was sleeping, she was in pain. The angel in charge of sending new people to their new home explained to me, "Elle Greene, 16, stabbed by mother, close to death."

"Close to death? You mean she's not dead? Why is she here?" I asked confused.

"Well, if she's here and not dead it means she'll need a miracle to keep her alive." A miracle. I have only one miracle to grant. I can save Elle.

"I'll use my miracle." I said firmly.

--------------------

short chapter happy thanksgiving