Chapter 13

-Elle's POV-

"Where am I?" My voice was echoed and my vision was clearer than usual. I was in a hospital. I ached a little but I still hopped out of the hospital bed.

When I looked around, I saw Johnny in another bed. On the sheet next to him it said 'currently in coma.' I dropped to my knees and started bawling next to Johnny but immediately stopped when I heard sobs. Somebody else's sobs.

I turned to see Johnny crying next to somebody on the hospital bed. He was wearing his regular clothes, not his hospital gown. I looked down at myself and I was still in my bartender uniform. I was confused, there were two Johnnys.

I walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder, "Johnny?" He turned around and pulled me into a tight hug. We started crying together for a while. It felt like I haven't felt him in ages. We pulled apart when we saw ourselves attached to tubes, wearing oxygen masks, and laying lifeless on hospital beds. Then it hit me.

We were both in comas.

I stood by my body. My lifeless body. Dallas then came in, crying his eyes out. "Dallas! It's okay! I'm okay! I'm here, can you hear me, please, Dallas?"

I ran over to Dallas, crying and clinging onto him. But he couldn't hear me, he couldn't see me, he couldn't feel me. I kept yelling and crying. The beep of my heart went faster but Johnny calmed me down. Two Bit came in and I completely lost it.

"TWO BIT! PLEASE HELP ME! I'm sorry, I wanna go home..." My voice quivered and quieted down at the end. I kept on rambling on but it was no use. He couldn't hear me, he couldn't see me, he couldn't feel me.

Dallas went over to Johnny's body while Two Bit went to mine. He took my hand, I felt it. "GODAMNIT..." He started and I tried to calm him down.

"Two Bit I'm here, I'm okay, it's okay Two Bit. Please help me Two Bit."

"...I love you, Elle. I love you..." His screaming came to a whisper. He rested his head on my arm and started to silently cry. I stood with him and hugged him from behind.

"I love you, too. I won't leave you... I promise..." He looked at my face and kissed my forehead. I saw a tear slip out of my eye. Two Bit saw it and smiled for a second through his tears.

"C'mon babydoll, fight. For me." He went over to the couch and fell asleep. I laid next to him and fell asleep listening to his steady heart beat, like old times.

I woke up in excruciating pain. My heart monitor was beeping uncontrollably. Two Bit and Dallas were getting kicked out and several nurses and doctors piled in.

I dropped to the ground and clutched my head with my hands. There was an awful ringing in my ears. The yelling from Two Bit and Dallas, the yelling from the doctors, and Johnny's voice were all muffled.

The lights went bright, the pain got worse. The doctors pulled me onto a gurney and took me away somewhere. I passed out on the cold, hard floor.

-Two Bits POV-

"NO I NEED TO STAY WITH HER!"

The nurses and doctors pushed us out. Elle's heart monitor was going crazy and we weren't allowed to be there. There was something going on and it wasn't good. I think Elle was...dying.

The doctors came out with Elle on a gurney. They were rushing to the OR. Dal and I started rushing after them, trying to catch a glimpse of Elle. Once we got to an operating room a nurse locked the door leaving us locked out. I backed up to the wall behind me and started crying again.

I remembered a time when Elle woke me up from one of her recurring nightmares. I started to calm her down when she asked me, "Two Bit? How long will you love me?" Her voice reminded me of an innocent, little kid. I replied truthfully, "Babydoll, our love is timeless."

When I was reminiscing I felt Elle's presence and said aloud, "Babydoll? Our love is timeless." and started crying. Those five words came straight from my heart.