Fearless: Chapter 11

-Johnny's POV-

Elle was supposed to get out today and back to her mom. The only problem was the gang and I didn't know where her mom lived.

We searched every inch of the East side. Elle told me that they were never rich so they couldn't have lives in Soc territory. I was getting real scared I couldn't lose Elle again.

I've lost her so many times and when we found her laying on that street with her faded memory it wasn't me that saved her. This time I'll be the hero.

I checked the phone book. We haven't came up with that idea yet. H. Garrett, F. Gloria, B. Grant, K. Hans. Nothing. There was absolutely no clues as to where she could be. I'm just praying she'll come back.

-Elle's POV-

"What are you doing here?" I asked Austin who was out of breath.

"Elle, we can't talk. We have to hide. NOW!" He demanded and grabbed my hand while dashing off. I led him to the Curtis house because that was the only place I could think of.

"Go hide!" I shoved him into the cabinet under the sink. I checked the door and no police were following us. After a minute or two I concluded it was safe. Steve came out of nowhere and his eyes widened in shock and happiness.

"Elle! Baby, I missed you so much!!" He picked me up and spin me around. I laughed along with him.

"Since when did you call me baby?"

"Since now!"

"Elle can I come out now?" A muffled voice called. I almost forgot Austin was here. I yelled yeah and Austin came out of his hiding spot.

I introduced Austin to Steve and he had on this whole cool attitude it was hilarious. He was like, "Ya man, just snuck out of the slammer," and stuff. I was on the floor laughing. Steve looked like he enjoyed Austin's presence even though he usually doesn't like kids.

Next thing I knew Johnny, Ponyboy, and Dally were screaming outside the house. I decided to surprise them so I told Steve to tell them to check the closet for something. That's where I hid.

They walked in upset. "Damnit we can't find her!" Dallas yelled.

"It's okay Dal, get my jacket in the closet and we'll look for her again." Steve said. That was my signal and I got ready to surprise him.

As he opened the closet I yelled, "Surprise!!" He jumped back but then quickly jumped forward before wrapping me in his arms.

"Oh my Hod I thought we lost you..." His grip was tight on me. I couldn't help but let a tear slip. I couldn't believe I meant this much to him. Dallas Winston actually cared for someone. Well, two people; Johnny and I.

When I opened my eyes Johnny stood in front of me with his head down and his hands in his pockets. I walked up to him and lifted up his chin so his dark eyes met mine.

"Why so down? I'm here aren't I?" I asked. Was he not happy to see me? He was silent for a while and he just stared into my eyes while I stared into his. My eyes were getting glossy ready to pour tears.

Before I could let my tears fall he kissed me. Johnny kissed me. It wasn't a lustful kiss it was just... perfect. Passionate and loving. At the time I just thought about how much I missed Johnny's kisses.

We broke apart breathless. Johnny was smiling like crazy and blushing. He's not a man of many words but man is he a good kisser! I took notice of Ponyboy who was just standing there awkwardly. I kinda just made out with his best friend in front of him.

I laughed at him and gave him a hug. I missed Pony's hugs. His hugs were different. It was so tense but relaxed, tight but gentle. I missed them. I missed him.

I looked around for Austin and he was having an arm wrestling competition with Dallas! Steve was on the side jumping and hooting for Austin. From here it looked like he was winning!

"Damn boy, you may be almost half my age but you are pretty damn strong!" Dallas said after he beat Austin. Although he beat him it looked like he was struggling! The gang was already getting along with Austin. He fit right in.

Now all I have to do was wait for Aj, Darry, and Two Bit. I thought to myself cheerily. Wait... I forgot again... That's when I broke down a second time.