Fearless: Chapter 8

-Elle's POV-

As I lay on the mattress, picking the seam of the bedspread, two things came to mind. My cellmate and when I get home. My roommate sure looked creepy with his black hair hung over his face and his body jittering. I had probably looked like that when I lost my memory.

I tried my best not to look like the guy behind bars with me. True greasers were tough and tuff. Or at least act like it, no offence to Johnny or Ponyboy. I miss the gang. I miss Two Bit. I miss mom. I miss home. Not my real mother's home but I mean home with Two or at the Curtis house. That's a real home.

But I still haven't figured out how I'm gonna escape from my mom a second time. The only choices that came to my mind was running away forever or killing her and spending the rest of life in the slammer. Neither seem good to me. I wish I could just be with the gang. They would help me out.

At this point I was absolutely terrified. Not because the thought of living with Mary shook me. It was my cellmate. This man was going berserk now.

He was smashing his head against the steel bars that caged us in and screaming like a wild animal. He turned around and ran full speed into a wall. He randomly pulled out a rock that has been obviously sharpened and started hacking at his neck.

Blood poured out of every hole that he stabbed into his skin. His faced looked almost euphoric. By now I was screaming at the top of my lungs for help. But they didn't come in time. The man bled out and had died. A slight grin plastered on his pale face. When I looked at him I saw a regular, helpless teenager a tad younger than I was. I felt genuinely sad.

The police moved out quickly and left me locked in my cage. The same cage where a boy became crazy. The same cage where a boy committed suicide. The same cage where I might do the same.

As I lay on the mattress, picking the seam of the bedspread, two things came to mind. My ex-cellmate and if I'll last until they send me home.

----------------------
short chapter but I'm updating again later

-mar