Fearless: Chapter 9

-Johnny's POV-

My head smashed into the seat in front of me. Dal must've jumped when I yelled like that. I really didn't mean to it's just when it comes to Elle I get protective.

"Sorry Dal..." He nodded and waved me off. Dal sure is the toughest guy I know. I wanted to be just like him and because of Elle, I got one step closer to my goal. Yeah, Dal is a good guy but I can't trust him living with my girlfriend.

"Yeah and I'm not that comfortable with you living with Elle either..." Aj mumbled. I forgot they were dating. If I were in her shoes, it would be infuriating to know your boyfriend was living with your best friend. Wait, that's what was happening to me. My girlfriend was living with my best friend.

"Guys, it's not like I would pull a move on a girl that I see as a sister. That's like incest or somethin'," Dallas explained. Sure I wanted to believe him but you never know with Dallas. I still wasn't sure about this plan and neither was Aj. "Besides, she'll be sleeping in another room and she works night and day three times a week."

That was the end of the conversation. There was quite a bit tension between all of us. I'm on Aj's side though, we were in the same situation.

We decided not to go to a party and stay over at the Curtis house. I'll just borrow a shirt from Pony. My parents were probably going at it at home.

When I walked through the door, Pony greeted me with a hug. I was caught off guard and he scared me. "That wasn't cool runnin' off like that, eh Johnnycake?" He chuckled a bit after. I shrugged and set up my bed on the floor. As soon as I hit the pillow I was sound asleep.

-Elle's POV-

Today police were going to question me about my cellmate's suicide since I was the only witness. I told the story and in return they gave me information.

My cellmate was named Jacob Greyer, 16, middle class. He was a greaser. Sent to jail for manslaughter of Darren Greyer, father. He killed his father?!? No wonder he was losing his mind. After that, I didn't want to hear any more. That was brutal enough.

They felt bad for me and lessened my sentence to a month. Thank God they did but I still don't know if I'd prefer Mary's house or a jail cell. That's a hard judgement to make because both sound like a living hell.

They've also moved me to a new cell with a new cellmate. His name was Austin and he was only 10 years old. He sure did remind me of Dally. He was a pretty sick badass 10 year old.

He told me his story and I told him mine. I told him how he reminded me of Dallas especially because they both have names of cities from Texas. Dallas also got arrested at 10 years old. I told him how he's gonna be the next tuffest guy in Tulsa and after we both get outta here I'd take him in as my own.

He said his parents ditched him for being a JD and he's been living off what he could steal. He couldn't get a job yet but he was as sneaky as a fox. That made it easy for him to snatch.

He taught me this handshake game thing and I showed him 'See, See, Oh Playmate' but my creepy version of it.

See see oh playmate
come out and play with me
and bring your dollies three
climb up my apple tree
slide down my rainbow
into my cellar door
and we'll be jolly friends
forever more more more

see see oh playmate
come out and fight with me
and bring your bulldogs three
cut down my apple tree
I'll scratch your eyes out
and make you bleed to death
and we'll be jolly friends
forever more more more

Austin was going to be my next new friend. He sure will fit in with the gang. I'll raise him as my own. We'll be a family.