Breathless: Chapter 12

"They're scarin' me," Austin said hiding behind a counter. Although they were escorted away by the police, the strange stalkers were still by the Curtis house door knocking endlessly. They weren't giving up and weren't leaving anytime soon.

Darry, of course, not wanting to miss a day of work had snuck out of the house's back window and ran so the creepy people wouldn't follow and catch him. I gathered everyone into Pony's room to create a plan. Everybody moved quietly and squished into the crammed room.

"We need a plan, and we need one fast," I whispered firmly. Everyone nodded, agreeing with me.

"Okay, so this is what were going to do. I will run with Two Bit to our house and get these creeps away from the house. While they're doing that, Dallas, Steve, and Ponyboy will go rescue Johnny." Steve and Pony smiled at each other. I remembered their budding friendship.

"Finally," I continued, "Skye, Aj, and Austin hide out until we pick you up. Now we need a place to go. . ."

Skye's head snapped up in realization. "My place," she said quietly. "To the country."

I nodded. I told Pony to pack everything he needed and wanted to bring. Then, it was time for Two Bit and I to go. We climbed out a window and ran as fast as our legs would take us.

The guys dressed in black started chasing us. We raced all the way to our apartment without them catching us. Hopefully by then I hoped the three other guys were getting Johnny.

I packed stuff for Dallas, Austin, and myself. Two Bit packed his own stuff. We went outside ready to take on these guys.

I whacked one guy in the head with a bag. Two Bit started wailing on two of them at the same time. Next thing I knew, I was kicking a guy's balls like the good old days.

We beat those people up in no time. After throwing our bags in trunk, we dashed to the Curtis house. By the time we got there, Darry was already there and packed.

They hopped in quickly and we drove like madmen to Mary's house. When I heard yelling inside the house I jumped out of the car and ran right into the house. Johnny's parents were out cold on the floor.

David, my stepdad, held a knife against Johnny's throat. Dallas, Pony, and Steve were breathing heavily and tiredly. "Now, come with me and we'll let him go," he said.

I put my hands up in defeat. I turned around and looked at the gang who was ready to rip him to shreds. 'It's okay,' I mouthed. I went over to him and he switched the blade from Johnny's neck to mine.

"Now get the hell outta here," he yelled at my friends.

"Let go of her!" Someone yelled from the top of the staircase. Down came Mary, looking furious as ever. I was actually glad she was here for once.

I smiled as David let go almost immediately. He was scared of her. She came and smacked him upside the head. He dropped the knife.

Mary came and hugged me and I returned it. She held my head in her hands, "Go on, be safe. I'm sorry," she said wholeheartedly.

I gathered the gang and before walking out I said, "I love you, mom." I was glad we were on good terms before we left.

Everyone was in the car except Dallas. He looked uncertain and I knew exactly what he was thinking. He didn't want to leave.

This was the place where he built himself. He felt like a god here and leaving meant his reputation would be ruined and he'd be forgotten. He wanted to leave a mark on this town.

He noticed me staring at him. He looked back at the town and then at me. All I could do was nod. This was what he wanted.

Those guys in black started coming back. He kissed me and rubbed Austin's hair before running and beating on them. We drove off and I didn't look back. I couldn't.

We left Dallas Winston, the boy I fell for, here in Tulsa. I would never see him again. It occurred to me that we were leaving forever and that I left Dallas forever.

-----------------------

Awh :'c srry guys...

What's ur fave part in the movie?

I like when Pony says, "there's a monster outside!" and when Dallas is trying to steal the magazine in the store and he makes that look like 'c'mon man! look away so I can jack the damn magazine!'

Also the part when Dallas is fighting with S.E Hinton in the hospital.

Spoiler: country family

Update: Saturday