Fearless: Chapter 16

-Elle's POV-

The first week here was sort of a struggle. We couldn't catch food, it was hard to sleep, and we barely had a shelter. We all played around for the first 2 days until we realized we didn't have any supplies.

The past 5 days were spent trying to build our huts, finding firewood and making a fire, and catching food. So far we built 3 huts (thank goodness to Darry's roofing experience), found the hotspot for fishing, found a bunch of wild pigs, and collected enough wood for an ongoing fire. Although it was hard, I'm pretty confident the rest of the trip would be easier.

What's really got me rolling around at night was the thought of Two Bit. Gosh I wonder what he would doing right now. It's so weird. It felt like he should be here with us. Cracking a joke or pulling a prank. He's probably out there in Argentina or Vietnam camping out in the forest. I wondered if he thinks of us like how I think of him. Does he sleep at night or does he lay awake thinking about us? Golly Two Bit, just come home...

Now it was the start of the second week. I stretched out aching from my sleepless night. Aj and I were in a hut together so I accidentally woke her up.

She frowned and pushed me down before laying herself back down. ''Wake up sleepy head. Let's do something''

''Ooh,'' Aj jumped up, ''something!''

I shook my head and reached into my backpack for my neon pink bikini. Aj pulled out her neon orange bikini. They were the same style because we bought them together. It was a tassled top with a low ride bottom. They were super cute. I did Aj's hair by putting it into a french braid and she did mine by doing an upside down french braid into a braided bun. Let me just say that she's way better at doing hair than I am.

We stepped out of our leaf-roofed hut and the sunlight beamed into our tired eyes. ''Oh my gosh, I have the best idea ever!'' Aj exclaimed running to the edge of the cliff. She looked down the extremely distant drop and smiled that suspicious smile that I know all too well.

''Uh oh... I know that look...'' I smiled with her. Although Aj maybe a teeny bit crazy, she's the only friend of mine that's actually a girl and I love her with all my heart.

''Alright, repeat after me,'' she said putting her hand over her heart and her other hand in the air, ''I, Ashley Jennings, solemnly promise...''

''I, Elle Greene, solemnly promise...''

''That I will always be there for my best friend, Elle Greene.''

''That I will always be there for my best friend, Ashley Jennings.''

''And no matter what stupid stunts we pull...''

''I will always be by her side.''

''Oh and that I will not have any sexual relationships with her boyfriend.''

''Oh my gosh. And that I will not have any sexual relationships with her boyfriend.'' I laughed. Then the next part scared the living daylights out of me.

''Okay Elle, you have to trust me. We're going to jump together. We won't die or anything because we're landing in water.''

''Aj I love you but you are the craziest person in the entire world.'' I smiled and grabbed her hand. As we walked to the edge she stopped and looked at me.

''We,'' she raised our intertwined hands, ''are fearless.'' We ran and jumped. The air flew in our face, we were screaming at the top of our lungs, my eyes shut tightly, our hands squeezed firmly to fight that funny feeling in our stomach, and when we were close to the water I opened my eyes to see Aj smiling at me and laughing. The water covered our bodies then bubbles filled our view. Fearless, I thought to myself.

note: I lost my phone so sorry it took long to update. I'll be updating on my laptop for now on.