Fearless: Chapter 15

-Elle's POV-

The day after was boring. Well, everything's boring when Two Bit and Sodapop weren't here. They really were the life of the party. Everything's dull.

Johnny and I barely even have a relationship, Ponyboy's been caught up with his school work and hasn't been home, Darry's been working on getting a better job since Soda can't help for bills anymore, Steve is becoming serious with this girl named Evie, and Austin is staying with Dallas all the time doing who knows what.

Aj and I are the only ones who haven't changed. Everything for everyone else is moving on in their life and it feels like I'm just stuck in time. Aj and I are stuck in time. We weren't going anywhere anytime soon.

The two of us have been going out a lot by ourselves. Everyone was too busy with their lives anyways. We would do crazy things. Jumping in a pile of snow in bikinis, doing cartwheels on bridge railings, taking five shots of tequila straight, everything.

•••

It was almost April and springtime was budding. Two Bit hadn't come back yet. He hasn't even sent a letter. The snow has melted away and the sun was out longer. Aj thought that we should melt away all the stress and go out as a gang again.

Her uncle owned a cottage about 8 hours away. Apparently, this was the greatest cottage in the world. Well, we'll see just how great this cottage was because we were leaving in a couple minutes!

The car was packed, the passengers were strapped in, the engine was on, and we were off to, allegedly, the most amazing cottage in the world.

All we had packed were clothes, necessities, and snacks for the way. We were going to go real camping. That means catching our own dinner! If we were going to camp, we were going to survive off the land!

As soon as we got there, I was mesmerized. It was a cottage on a really big hill, practically a mountain. There was a huge pond pool in the backyard and acres of field. There was also a forest with beautiful trees and probably tons of wild animals.

There was a trail down the hill to the beach. The sand was white and the water was transparent. This really was the greatest cottage in the entire world. The best part is, the entire place is private property so we have everything for ourselves.

The weather was beautiful here. It was really hot for late-March. I took off my clothes, which left on my bikini, and jumped right into the warm, clear water. Everyone joined in after me. It was the most fun we've ever had since Two Bit and Soda left.

Maybe we could fix this broken gang of ours. We have one whole month here. I think that would be more than enough time to mend our relationship and bond with each other.