A Father's Love

Anastasia
My first book that made it big was A Father's Love. Dad was so surprised about how I felt about him he cried. I wrote about how it is being raised by my father. It is dedicated to him. We are now going by our birth names. I used my Laura McDermott name and dedicated it to my Scott McDermott father.I put to RS from AS at the bottom of the dedication page. It tells about a father who loves me so much he protected me with his last breath. But my dad might not have had to do it, but he would have. He can't cook, but I can and and Luna Rodriguez taught me how to cook as soon as I could learn to. Sadly Luna died when I was ten. We found her laying in a pool of blood. We never found out who killed her. They had to move after that. We moved back to Seattle and since dad bought the Montesano house he also bought the house Luna was killed in and had it cleaned up thoroughly and both homes are rented out to the witness protection on a regular basis.
Raymond
We went to Seattle so Anastasia could get a better education and find a better publisher. She was sent a contract by a publisher called Seattle Independent Publishing. Jack Hyde is the editor who wants to meet with Anastasia. Something is off about this guy, he wants to meet Anastasia at a bar. He apparently has no idea how old Anastasia is. I laughed about it and we emailed him back and told him that we would only meet him at his office.
Meanwhile at the Grey home
Christian
Dad has been signing contracts for my business and we have bought an office in Seattle. I have built my little company from scratch and started at the age of ten. I am almost of age to sign my own documents, but I need dad for a lot of the legal stuff. Grandpa loaned me some of the money for the building and I am paying him back so I won't owe him a dime at the age of 21. Mom loves the idea of me owning my own company. Elliott is getting his degree in Architecture and design and I am completing my high school. I am also taking advanced business classes.
Elliott
I am doing well in college and I have decided to start working construction as well and taking classes in it as well. That way I can do both and have a company like Christian soon. I am also checking out sustainable housing and green technologies. Christian said it is something that we all need to know about and implement all their practices.
Mia
I have a lot of friends who come over to swim and watch my brothers swim and they drool over them. Eleven year olds aren't what Elliott and Christian are interested in at all. They like females closer to their own ages. Not eleven year old giggling girls. Dad and mom have invited an old friend and his daughter over. The Steele family, apparently the man made my crib and it is now my twin bed and my friends love my room. We had a few changes to the walls and the drawers under the bed are fantastic for hiding things inside. I kept the side rail and it has a hidden lock so no one can get into the drawers. They can't see them at all. I have been cooking and trying my sketches of dresses and other things. I am sewing my own designs. A friend of mine recommended I read this new author Laura McDermott. She has a fantastic book called A Father's Love. She has a number of other books and I read two of them. No one knows what the author looks like. She dedicated her books to her father Scott McDermott.
Jack Hyde
I can't get a meeting with this Laura McDermott where I want to, she said she would only meet me at SIP and not alone. Her negotiator has to be with her. I tried to tell her I could only meet her at that time and place and she told me if that was the case then we should cancel everything and she should look elsewhere for a publisher. I finally agreed to meeting her with her agent or negotiator.
Ray Steele aka Scott McDermott
I gave Hyde my name and scheduled our appointment. I told him that Laura would be reading over the deal and would have her attorney look over the book deal. Hyde again tried to reset the place for the deal. That was not happening at all. I told him Laura doesn't drink alcohol at all so she doesn't go to bars to make a deal with anyone.
Carrick
Raymond is back in Seattle and living her again. He and Anastasia moved  back a month ago and was busy with their new home. He said he had to do major renovations to the home before he would move Anastasia into the house. He didn't tell me why, but he said he got it cheaply. I guess they couldn't react or sell it after the person did some real heinous things in it.
Raymond
I bought the house that Elena Lincoln had rented, it was very cheap and I saw why. I tore the dungeon out of it and a few other things had to be done and security upgrades along with a security system and gate that requires a code and a key to get in the gate. I tell Carrick about Anastasia and her appointment with an editor so she can talk about a contract with SIP. I told Carrick the guy wanted to meet Anastasia at a bar to talk over a contract with Anastasia.
Carrick
He must not know how old Anastasia is and it sound suspicious anyway. I ask if he would like me to read over the contract and see if this guy is on the up and up.