Chapter 13

Jordan's POV,

Me and ma got a huge announcement for the girls. I'm just waiting for them to hurry home. There's a surprise  here somewhere for them, well ma already knows but Mya and Veronica has no idea. I heard keys dangling then the door flew open.

"Why are you smiling like that?", Mya questioned as she walked pass me going upstairs.

"So... How was y'all dinner?", I asked Veronica. She walked to the kitchen and pulled out a bottle of water then sat at the table.

"Well, it started off great until.... It got awkward for some weird reason.", she said then opened her water.

"Awkward? Like y'all ran out of stuff to say or what?", I asked.

"Ok so me and mommy ran to the restroom, she was just telling me some stuff then we came back out to the table and I saw like a thick tension between Mya and Trey like they were mugging the hell out of eachother. I said something to get their attention and heard Mya mumbling stuff. I just sat back down. You know how Mya can get. I don't know why they were upset but it probably wasn't serious. I just know that Mya got a mouth on her and Trey isn't too much interested in drama. So tomorrow imma see what's up.", she said then drunk down the rest of her water.

"Umm okay then so good then awkward. Gotchu.", I said.

"Okay my lovely children, come here.", my mom yelled from upstairs.

Veronica threw her bottle away and we both went upstairs and into my mom's bedroom. I took a seat on the armchair, Ronnie and Mya got on her bed and sat in suka-sana.

"Ok were going to be in New York for this weekend and next week. Were meeting the rest of the family up there. Y'all are going to be with auntie Miesha and Jordyn. Im gonna be over at Zainot's. Jordan, you wanna say the rest.", she asked me. Everyone looked pretty excited.

"Ok, Abu got out of jail after 32 years yo.", He's our grandad. A Black Panther who spent the last 30 years behind bars for his role in the deadly Brinks armored car robbery and for trying to kill six police officers during a Queens shootout was welcomed out of prison by family and friends at the National Black Theater Tuesday evening. He lives in New York and were going to celebrate his release. I passed out all of our plane tickets and sat back down.

A/N he's my real grandad, his  name is Sekou Odinga

"Omg I'm so excited. I can't wait to see him. Jordyn, yeah I'm not too excited for her but everyone else yay.", Mya said. These two cannot get along for nothing. One is a water sign and the other is a fire sign. They try butttt, let's just say its not very pretty.

"I love Jordyn, omgeee.", Veronica said.

"Ehhh.", Mya said.

"Okay y'all its Thursday so start packing and start calling y'all friends tell them bye and imma throw a small party for y'all before we leave so take out for phones.

"Don't bring Trey.", Mya said calling somebody and everybody looked at her.

Who is Jordan going to bring?

What about Mya?

We already know Ronnie bringing the whole crew.

Comment and/or Vote