Chapter 19

Michael,

I got in my car leaving Jordan's house. Once I started the car, I turned the radio off. I was on my way to Chris' house. I parked into the drive way and got out. I walked up the driveway and rung the doorbell.

"Who is it?", Chris asked from outside the door.

"Who else.", I responded.

"Sorry I don't know who that is.", he said looking through the peep hole smiling.

"Bruh its hot as shit out here.", I said. He unlocked the door and opened it.

"Wassup bruh.", I asked.

"Uhh, we might have to go around the back. Ion want my mom to hear me.", I nodded. That was a little gay but I know what he meant.

We went around the back and sat in the lawn chairs on the back porch.

"So, what happened?", I asked.

"This morning, I came downstairs seeing my mom hiding something behind her back. She tried to throw it away saying that it was just another bill. She went back upstairs and I took that time to see what she was hiding.", he paused and shook his head.

"The mail was me getting accepted to a label bruh. Why the hell would she hide that?", he said looking up.

"Remember the last time I came over and you was telling me how she wanted you to play basketball. And you told me you was going to focus on that and put music to the side.", I said he nodded.

"Yeah that's true but, did I get any mail about basketball, did any teams even want to accept me? No, I'll never get another opportunity like this and if it wasn't for the time I came downstairs, that would've been in the garbage.", he said and he was right.

"I understand so are you gonna accept it?", I asked.

"Behind my momma's back? Ion know.", he said.

"I think you should and like you said, when would you get another opportunity like that.", I said.

"I'll think about it.", he said.

"Aight, good. So is that all or...", I trailed off. He shook his head slowly.

"Nahh, some serious shot bruh and I needed someone I could trust to tell.", he said.

"Ok I'm here, just tell me.", I said. How serious could it be?, I asked myself.

He took a deep breath, he looked like he was holding back from saying what he wanted.

"Ok, I think I'm in love with Veronica.", I chuckled.

"Yeah I know.", I said. He looked in my direction and raised his eyebrow.

"Is it noticeable?", he asked.

"Hell yeah.", I shouted. He was cursing under his breath.

"Its okay, I don't think the girls notice but me and Jordan was talking about it.", I responded.

"That ain't good bruh.", he said. I don't know why but this shit was funny as hell.

"Its okay I mean, you can't help who you love, but to be real, right now ain't the time. Remember when V and Trey was outside arguing. They just got back. Ion think you should start expressing your feelings now. And look at Ji'er, she's a good girl. Keep her bruh cus if you go and tryna get with V, you gone mess up what you had and prolly not gone have a chance to get it back. I mean its a possibility but don't count it.", I said.

"Damn. Okay. How the hell you got all this damn good advice. And how'd you know I was gone do that.", he said.

I laughed and got up.

"Aight I'll see you Monday.", I said stretching.

"Aight bruh.", we did a handshake and I walked to the front getting in my car when I was stopped by ms. Joyce.

"Oh so you just come to my house without greeting me? Ok, I know where we stand.", she said playfully.

"Hey Ms. Joyce. Bye Ms. Joyce", I said walking up to her giving her a hug.

"Alright be good.", she said. I nodded and got in my car. I thought she knew what we were talking about.

"Okay.", I said catching my breath and wiping off the fake nervous sweat that was on my forehead.

Do y'all think Ty is right?

Do y'all think Chris should back off?

Do y'all mind giving me feedback? Really? Thanks, y'all so nice.

Comment and/or Vote

Dido✌✌✌