Chapter 27

Ronnie POV,

"Just got done icing a cake.", I said as I held my phone between my shoulder and cheek. I licked the spoon and looked back to see if anyone was watching me.

"Oh, when you coming back?", Trey asked on the other line.

"Probably this Saturday. Why?", I asked.

"I'm miserable bruh.", I scrunched my face up.

"How, if Ty and Chris there?", I asked laughing a little.

"Who you talking to?", Aunty Zainot asked.

"Umm a friend.", I said slowly.

"Boy or girl?", she asked.

"Boy.", I said.

"I'm telling your dad.", she said running out the kitchen goofily as I ran behind her. I grabbed the phone from my ear and held it in my hands securely.

"Malik!", she yelled.

"Aunty Zainot noo!", I shrieked laughing in the process. She ignored me. He came out the living room.

"What sis?", he said standing tall looking at us weirdly.

"Hello.", I heard Trey say from the other end.

"Hold on.", I whispered and put my phone on mute.

"Veronica talking to boys.", she answered looking at me with her eyebrows raised. I mean mugged her.

"Oh really.", he said seriously putting his hand on his hip. Sad thing about this is that everyone in the living room was paying attention to us. Everybody as in my dad's whole side of the family. We were all gathered for my granddad's release.

I placed my hand on my forehead mentally cursing her out.

"My work here is done.", she said then walked into the living room sitting down on the couch watching us like everyone else. I turned my gaze back on my dad and it wasn't a happy face.

"Dad he's just a friend.", I said trying not to laugh.

"Yeah right.", Mya blurted. I looked at her.

"Imma get you in trouble Mya. Quit playing." Her eyes lit up as she noticed what I was talking about. I nodded at her satisfied.

"Hand me your phone.", he said reaching for it.

"But-"

"Give it here.", He said holding his hand out.

I put the phone to my ear.

"My dad wants to speak to you. I repeat, my dad wants to speak to you.", I whispered horribly as everyone laughed watching us.
"Aldy, we're just friends or I'm dead meat.", I said. He laughed and said okay as if he was ready to speak to my dad. I slowly took my phone from my ear and gave it to my dad.

"Daddy, just put the phone to your ear.", I said as he was searching for something.

"Shhhhh.", he said hushing me until I noticed he put Aldy on speaker. Aw shiddd.....

"Trey your on speaker!", I yelled and sat down next to Jordyn knowing I wouldn't be able to win against my dad. I'll just have to see what happens.

Trey POV,

"What's your name?", her dad asked.

"Uhh Trey.", I said.

"Age?", he asked.

"I'm 16."

"Birthday?"

"November 28th."

"Grade?", all these damn questions.