6| The elixir

The wolf hurried out into the woods. It was natural for it to seek outdoors. The big full moon shone down through branches and twigs and hit the ground of the forest, which turned into a spectrum of colors. Her whole body ached like never before and she had a hard time keeping control of the monster. She felt every single vein burn in her as they scorched the nerves with its burning heat.

The luminous rays of the moon cut into her skin, forcing her to lie down on the damp, clammy forest floor. The first transformation was always the worst, that much she knew.

The sound of her bones cracking cut her into her ears. Tears flowed from her eyes and she bit her lip hard as not to scream. Even though she lay deep in the woods, she still didn't want to attract attention.

Several bones broke and she held with trembling hands around herself. There was no way back now and she had to let the wolf take over again. As soon as she gave it access, it sprang forward and all her bones rebuilt in record time. But now it was not Alicia who stood there, now it was the wolf. Valentina.

The snow-white wolf stood majestically in the middle of the damp forest floor, looking for prey. It was thirsty for revenge. It would kill. Its white fluffy ears listened to every single movement nearby, and when it found its target, it howled and set off toward the city.

_____

Beomgyu smiled all the way home. He was happy and happy for his life. He had everything he needed; Taehyun. He was the one who lit up his whole world with his love and care for the elder, and Beomgyu loved it. But he just couldn't help but think more about the conversation they had before.

"By the way, we've got to work with Jung, Jeon, and that girl Alicia," Beomgyu said quietly as he nervously waited for the youngster's response.

Taehyun looked at him with a raised eyebrow, "What? But aren't they the ones who directly go around and kill undergrounders beside the law?"

The elder sighed, "Yes ..."

"But what made them accept the cooperation? Your brother and Soobin are not exactly someone who kills the undergrounders, are they? They must have received a good offer," said the younger thoughtfully.

"No, we are not killing undergrounders without it being necessary. But I have no idea what they were offered for the cooperation," Beomgyu replied quietly.

The room became completely quiet. The older one turned around and looked the younger one deep into his dark eyes.

"Are we going to see each other less then?" Taehyun asked quietly, looking back into Beomgyu's hazel eyes.

The older one smiled caringly to him, "I hope not, you are my one and only," he said, leaning forward and planting a kiss on the forehead of the younger one.

"I hope so too," Taehyun replied.

The conversation had made Beomgyu think about whether they wouldn't be able to see each other as often due to even more tasks and missions. His stomach curled just at the thought of not getting to see him for several days. What am I thinking, though? Of course, will it not happen!

He quickly shook his head again and stepped in from the driveway to their house. The large brick house still stood there after the boy's parents left. They had moved out of the country and away from all the hunters that they didn't want to get in trouble with. They had left a sum of money, which Beomgyu and his big brother partly lived on in addition to the money they earned from hunting undergrounders, which broke the law. It was not like they never talked to their parents, on the contrary, they had a really good relationship with them, they just did not want to interfere in underground politics.

Beomgyu slowly and silently tugged the doorknob and stepped inside. He was determined not to draw anyone's attention. He carefully closed the door behind him again and sneaked in, flipping off his shoes and jacket. He made sure to keep the scarf on, which covered the bite mark. He smiled to himself as no one still had spotted him and listed around a corner. Just around the corner and then to the right... But unpredictably there was a hand that stopped him as he rounded the corner.

"Where have you been?", his cousin asked deeply seriously.

Beomgyu gulped. Soobin's gaze flickered down on his shirt and hit the small bloodstain that had dried on the shirt.

His eyes widened in shock and he tore hard at the collar of the younger one, "Beomgyu answer me, where have you been?!"

"Uhm, eh... I was just going for a walk, hyung. Why?", the younger one replied with a faint smile.

The elder seemed annoyed at him, "Do not lie to your hyung and tell me the truth. Or should I drag your brother into it?"

"NO ARE YOU INSANE?! He will kill me!" Beomgyu exclaimed and immediately put a hand to his mouth when it dawned on him what he had just said.

Soobin smirked at him, "I knew it! Say it now."

The younger one stubbornly shook his head. The older one bit his jaws tightly and pushed the younger one into the wall behind them. The younger made a sound in pain as his backside hit the wall.

"Argh, hyung let go now!" said the younger one, pushing the older one off him.

Beomgyu did not wait any longer and ran hurriedly towards his room. He rounded the door and slammed it hard behind him. He locked it and now stood leaning against it. He was both shocked but also extremely angry. Why is he always trying to interfere in everything I do? He sighed annoyed and threw himself heavily into the bed, burying his head in the soft pillow. The anger had drilled down into him, and now the boy was lying and sulking. He was so tired of his cousin who would always stand in his way ever since he also moved into the house. He would keep an eye on every single little thing Beomgyu did and then strike if he did something he was not allowed to do.

The boy was furious about it. What does it really matter for him what I do ?! He had to do something about it, but the question was just what. The boy flipped out of the bed and started looking around his room. Not that, not that either... And then the thought struck him. He began to smile successfully all over his face because he had found his revenge.

He went over to his closet and pulled out the bottom drawer. He found another closed and locked box with his hidden items. He lifted the box out and laid it on his desk and then started looking for the key which was hidden away under his bed. Triumphantly, he returned to the box with the key in his hand. The key went in easily and he opened the lid and looked down at his stock of stolen elixirs and spells. He had spent his whole life collecting various magical objects, which he had found even though he didn't knew what to do with them. A few times he had used them but had never been discovered.

He put one hand down in the box and began to read the scriptures on some of the bottles with liquid in. He did not know what was written on any of them as the scripture was in a foreign language that he did not know.

"Venenum," he read aloud in a crackling voice.

He reversed and turned the bottle with the dark sizzling liquid in it and then turned his gaze to a faint pink liquid, which he held in the opposite hand.

"Diligitis... hmm," he put the other down and looked at the faint pink one.

"I'll take this one."

He started rummaging away all the other magic items he was not going to use and locking the box again. He put the box back in the closet and sat back on the bed with the liquid in front of him. The faint pink liquid glistened, like a whole starry nightsky. He gently turned the lid off and smelled it. He smelled it, and when that heavenly sweet scent hit his nostrils, he was close to dropping the bottle.

"Damn it smells good!" he exclaimed, looking almost drooling down at it.

He started smiling smugly, "Soobin hyung is going to love this~"

🔥