53| Rejected

"Do you promise to help me!?"

"Hoseok, how many times do I have to say yes to you? Besides, if I was really planning to escape, I would have done it a long time ago," the warlock replied once more to the red-haired hunter.

Hoseok looked at him confused, "Huh?"

"Oh g-d he's stupid."

The demon snorted, "The same thing could I say about you vampire."

Seokjin scurried over towards the black-haired underground satanic creature as the compliment was hurled at him.

"Stop arguing and watch. We have to find the girl," Namjoon hurried at the other two underworlders.

The red-haired hunter was in shock, and couldn't stop his stare at the warlock, which suddenly stood on the opposite side of his cell, and was in the process of unlocking the other two cells.

"I'm not powerful for any worldly benefit, am I?" said the warlock with a smirk when he caught sight of Hoseok.

Then the group continued up the stone stairs and left the house very quickly after.

"Now you know where it is, don't you?"

"Yeah, shush of course I do, I have the picture right here."

"But it's no proof when the rest of us can't see it!"

"Now just trust me, or do you want me to spend energy showing it to you?"

Hoseok groaned angrily at the scolding couple, "Stop it now Seokjin! He's a warlock and probably knows what he's doing."

The vampire huffed and seemed offended. The night was clear and cool. The many stars in the sky shone down, along with the barely half-filled moon. Some time ago, the group had left town and instead moved out onto some open plains.

"But Joon, why are we walking?" Yoongi asked and they all looked at him.

Hoseok's gaze met the ink-black eyes that would almost be overlooked if it were not for the demon's fair skin. His lips curled up to a flattered smile. The hunter looked away again, he sank.

"Because I needed to get out for a walk," the warlock replied, and Seokjin gasped.

"Instead of this, you could have transported us there?" the vampire gasped once more, "I could have spent the time on something else. I would-"

Namjoon stopped him by catching his lips with his own, "I love you too."

Yoongi rolled his eyes as he passed the couple, "Not again .."

Hoseok formed a wrinkle in his forehead and just followed silently with the demon. This was a mess in his eyes. What was it he was doing ..

"Namjoon is that the house down there?!" Yoongi shouted and got a returned answer that told him yes.

His eyes lit up and he could do nothing but put in the race, Hoseok. No matter if the others followed, he approached faster than before the small house, which stood built in the middle between some planted trees. The wind hissed in his ears and tore his red hair around the top of his head. Hoseok bent down a little as he passed some of the trees and stopped completely as he now stood a few feet from the house. It was not a large house, certainly without a second floor, and was built of wood. It reminded the hunter of his own place he lived, just a bit smaller.

It was not long before the three underworlders rejoined him. The hunter could not wait any longer, he had to see if what the warlock had told him really fit. There were no stairs, so Hoseok went straight over and knocked on the door, not to be rude. After all, he still had a bit of manner.

Surprisingly, the door opened shortly after he knocked. It was late, of course, but whoever now lived here had to be awake. It was a girl with shoulder-length black hair who had opened. She was a bit shorter than Hoseok and kept her eyes down. The hunter didn't say anything, waiting for her to say something.

The girl still kept her eyes down as she spoke up, "Yes ..?"

Hoseok stared, in shock. He could not move. The voice fit perfectly to be hers. As the girl's eyes gently lifted, she bit herself a shock in her. Here is exactly the man who had tried to kill her only a few weeks ago. She hated him.

Not a word was he allowed to say before she slammed the door in and ran through the house, hiding under a rug lying on the couch in Sowook's living room. Alicia swallowed a whimper which she herself had no control. Her wolf had gotten many deep scars on her soul after what Hoseok had done to her, and now she lay shivering with fear under the soft blanket that could manage to cover her at least three times because she had curled up so much. Fast, far too fast, her breathing rose, and she could not help but pull the air into small jerks. It tightened around her sternum.

Then she felt a hand on her one shoulder, "Alicia, Alicia what's going on?"

The girl looked up with praying eyes at the older blonde-haired girl.

"Yah! Move, I need to talk to Alicia!"

The black-hair was shaken around in a panicky way. Hoseok was not allowed to enter. Sowook nodded understandingly and slipped the roof around the terrified girl to therefore join the temporary closure of the door. Seoho stood with bared teeth and a deep growl, holding with one hand the edge of the door and with the other outstretched hand the door frame. It seemed to work and the strangers stayed where they were.

Hoseok looked up at Sowook when he saw her coming.

"Is that you who live here? Because I have to talk to her!" the red-haired hunter exclaimed energetically.

Sowook glared at him angrily, "She will not talk to you, hunter."

"Please I have to, I-I- you have to understand!" Hoseok continued, stepping closer but only to be stopped by the dark-haired wolf.

"I understand that very well. You tried to kill her, and now you want to make it right again," Sowook started, stepping closer, so that she now leaned over Seoho's outstretched arms, "But you must understand that she will have nothing more to do with you."

The last words came out like a menacing whisper, and she leaned back again, grabbed the other wolf, and slammed the door shut.

Hoseok heard the lock turn around and he sighed annoyed as he ran a hand through his red locks.

He turned around towards the three underworlders, "Then there is only one thing to do and that is to find Jungkook."

🔥