41| Annoying vs hot

The black-haired boy quickly snuck out the door when he saw that there was a clear path. One more time, he ensured that his equipment sat as it should. His belt fastened, and his arms fastened firmly to it. He smiled the butter to himself as the thought of how he had grabbed the weapons roamed his memory. Soobin had managed to sneak them out of the weapons room without his older cousin having had the slightest idea of ​​it. Yeonjun was too busy with his newfound love, which he claimed it was, for him to keep an eye on what Soobin was running around doing. Soobin deeply hated that his cousin loved that wolf. He simply could not stand that wolf.

Annoyed, his hand flew up to his nose.

"Cursed wolf," he muttered bitterly, tearing off the entire plaster piece in one motion.

See, it was actually meant that his broken nose as punishment, should be allowed to heal by itself, but Soobin did not want to find himself in. Therefore, he snuck into Beomgyu's room and had snatched some different elixirs, which he just thought was helpful.

Now he threw the plaster into the rubbish bin, which stood by the road, and continued hastily on. He had memorized the route, so now it was just a matter of finding the house.

_____

He could feel the nervousness he had not noticed at all before, the black-haired boy raised his hand to knock, but before he even got a chance to hit his clenched fist against the door, it was opened.

"Yes-" the foreign voice quickly stopped itself when the sight of the hunter appeared.

It was a lady, probably in her 50s, who had opened up and now stood with wide-open eyes staring at the boy. Probably closer to his weapon.

"Does Cho Ember live here?" Soobin asked.

The lady lightly squeezed her eyes suspiciously together, "What do you want with her?"

"Just talk," now the boy knew then that the girl lived here.

But the lady just stood and looked at him, predominantly.

"Fine, come in, but throw that there first," the lady finally replied, pointing to the boy's weapons.

Soobin bowed his head in respect and stepped in where he threw shoes and equipment. The hunter's eyes followed the details around the house, while the lady led him inside. It was built of wood and the decor resembled something from a traditional Chinese house. It was very dark in color but cozy, and Soobin could not help but notice all the Chinese characters hanging everywhere. And the Chinese dragons.

"Sit down here," the lady asked him, and Soobin sat down at once on the floor at the low table.

The lady walked towards a hallway and disappeared into one of the rooms. The black-haired boy spent the waiting time looking around a bit more. He quickly caught himself looking at a picture frame that contained a family portrait. He saw the red-haired little girl and probably her parents standing by his side of her. Red hair when you were so young?

The boy heard footsteps and quickly looked across the hall, where he immediately caught sight of the red-haired girl. Her wild hair almost danced like flames around her head.

"You?!" she exclaimed as the first thing she saw the hunter wearing his black leather clothes.

Soobin remained silent but kept his gaze on the girl. He was incredibly impressed that she could actually recognize him.

"Sit down," the lady asked her, as Soobin could now see was the same woman who was in the photograph in the picture frame. She was most likely the girl's mother.

Reluctantly, the girl sat down at the opposite side of the table, her gaze steeled and hard. Her red lips were slightly stretched out in a thin line. The hunter could almost already feel the burning sparkle in her eyes.

"Cho Ember."

The girl's gaze quickly fell in shock and was easily touched by a nervousness, "How do you know my name from?"

Soobin folded his hands and smiled crookedly at her. Then he shrugged, clearly annoying, and it seemed to work. Ember's eyes slowly began to take on color and one could almost sense the sparks that playfully bounced around in her fiery red hair.

"Who are you even?!" exclaimed the girl, her teeth hard clenched.

"I have come here to help you," the hunter replied at once.

Ember frowned and looked confused at the boy, "Help? With what?"

Soobin smiled slyly, "You want to know why you got the powers you carry, don't you?"

The boy's gaze fell on the girl's hands, which had a firm grip on the edge of the table. A thin cloud of smoke steamed from them, and she raised her hands in horror to her again. A black imprint was now left on the brown wooden board, and the girl tried everything to squeeze her palms together. Yet the flame found its way out between the cracks of her hand. Ember was angry but also extremely shocked. How did he know all this about her?!

Quickly, Soobin found a piece of paper from his inside pocket in his leather jacket, and laid it on the table, "If you should feel like contacting me."

Then the hunter got up, his eyes still locked with an invisible string around him on Ember. She opened and closed her mouth as if she did not quite know what to say, and before she even got the chance to answer, he had already left the house.

🔥