20| Purple

The boy jumped down from the chair and ran around the table while he quickly grabbed the girl's wrist.

"Hey! Where are we going?" she exclaimed, tumbling after his grip on her arm.

He just laughed at her and dragged her into the living room. He pushed her down on one side of the couch and sat next to her, reaching out for her hands instead. She blushed at the light touch and looked shyly down at the fabric on the couch.

The boy looked at her with twinkling eyes while he gently and gently held her hands.

"Let's ask each other some questions in turn so we can get to know each other better," he said with a smile, giving her an eager hug.

Iris looked up at him. "O-okay."

The boy's eyes disappeared into the smile, and he raised his legs up to him on the sofa.

"I'm starting, hmm ... Do you have any siblings?" he asked.

"No I'm an only child. Do you have any?"

He looked predominantly at her, "Yes, I have an older brother, but I don't see him anymore."

She nodded quietly while she kept her eyes down. Wait .. He doesn't see him anymore? Her thoughts started circulating about the new info, should she inquire into it, or would it be breaking a boundary?

"How old are you?" she looked up at him, interrupted in her own thoughts.

His gaze told everything. He was curious and wanted to know everything about her. He already felt that she meant everything to him. She was the only one he had after he lost him. The only person who meant anything; his best friend. But now there was no hope of seeing him again, it would never go away. He would hate him for the monster he had become.

The boy's eyes had quickly been covered with a layer of glistening liquid. Tears.

"Are you okay?" Iris asked gently, placing a hand around his one arm.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. His heart felt heavy. A feeling he had forced himself to forget since day one. The day he was bitten.

"Yeah, I'm okay," he said, slowly raising his gaze to her compassionate eyes.

A faint gasp escaped her mouth and her eyes doubled in size."Y-your eyes! They-they are purple!" she exclaimed with both shock and fascination.

His wolf whimpered when he heard her voice. It was a strange mixture of all sorts of emotions that made the wolf jerk in him.

Without Iris noticing, she leaned closer to him so she could better see his purple eyes. It was not a light purple, but neither was it too dark. It was perfect, reminding her of a deeply infinite universe that was just waiting to be explored. The full shining moon that lay over both eyes was soothing and almost put her in a trance. His eyes were filled with a lot of emotions that she could hardly describe as they seemed deep to reach as if he had hidden them far away.

"So beautiful.."

Her nose touched his and it made her snatch out of the trance and retreat again. A heat flowed up to her cheeks and she began to look down at the couch again.

His warm hand reached out for her cheek and looked up again, "Do you like them?"

"Yes," she said almost like a whisper.

A smile began to play on the boy's lips and he felt his wolf get tense.

"You're the first one to think so," he laughed.