52| A surprising sight

"Beom, can you hear that too?"

The blonde hunter confusedly turned his head over to the vampire with slightly clenched eyebrows. No, he certainly could not but somehow, he knew full well that the vampire was right. Something was coming. Beomgyu closed his eyes as he felt the younger's grip on him tighten.

"Tae, what is it?" he whispered desperately for an answer.

But Taehyun did not answer and still looked completely petrified with his gaze locked on the door to the road. It shook Beomgyu as nervousness began to creep up around him. Should he find Yeonjun?

But then the vampire whispered a few words back, "Someone is running towards the house."

It was the phrase that pushed Beomgyu to do something about it, and he ran through the kitchen and toward the living room, where almost everyone else was sitting according to their schedule. Beomgyu was almost suffocated on the air he too quickly hoisted in to shout at his brother.

"Hyung someone is coming!"

The wolves stared at the panicking hunter, and Youngjo automatically got up. His leader instinct was kicked in and he immediately walked towards the front door. The silver-haired hunter first looked a little confused at his younger brother before he even followed. And the sight he spotted was very shocking, to say the least. What was really going on?

"Where's Jungkook!?"

There was no one to answer the hunter who had ripped the door open a second before. He did not even have time to behave shocked by the pack of werewolves that usually didn't stay here. The red-haired hunter took a step further into the house, ignoring the countless growls at him.

"I have to find him NOW! WHERE IS JUNGKOOK!!", the hunter kept on and started squeezing himself in between the blocking pack of wolves.

Then one of them went for him, Keonhee. Beomgyu gasped as three more heads appeared at the entrance and the pack froze.

The red-haired hunter scouted around, "Yeonjun goddamn, I have to find Jungkook! I don't want to do you anything. Please tell me where he is!!"

Yeonjun could not help but look at the red-haired hunter. He had tears in his eyes and when the elder's gaze hit Yeonjun's it stabbed him. But he no longer trusted the hunter, so he remained silent.

"Yeonjun- .. please."

Then something crashed down the stairs and flew in through the kitchen, "HOSEOK GO AWAY!"

Jungkook shouted at him and hatred rolled over his tongue at the other. His gaze was full of flames.

"But Jungkook-"

"I MEAN IT! NOW GO AND NEVER COME BACK. I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU EVER AGAIN."

Then the first tear fell on Hoseok's cheek, "Jungkook, I've found Alicia."

The dark-haired hunter scowled at him.

"You're lying. You're lying like all the other times!"

The redhead took an unstable breath before continuing to talk, "I've even worked together with some underworlders to find her."

Jungkook frowned but then caught sight of the three standing behind Hoseok. The three underworlders they had held captive. Yoongi, Namjoon, and Seokjin.

"Jungkook, I beg you, listen to me. She's alive."

It didn't seem right. At all. Jungkook must not be awake right now, just a chaotic dream of something wildly unrealistic. Hoseok had killed her a long time ago. That was the truth.

"You're full of lies, Jung Hoseok," Jungkook spat with a contemptuous look at the only person he once trusted.

Then the warlock stepped forward towards the hateful hunter, the wolves moving in front of him. The energy flowing around him was so strong that they could not help but succumb. Jungkook would have moved out of the reach of the warlock, but for some reason, he did not. Namjoon held out two of his fingers to the dark-haired boy's head and gently placed them against his forehead. And then the pictures hit him. And he could see the girl he loved. And it hurt like hell to see. A sense of guilt washed over him once more, and he did not know what to say.

"A war has broken out, but my goal is to find Alicia," Jungkook then ran out the door and onto the street.

He had nothing in his head but to find the girl, and she did not even know where she was. The boy was driven by a pumping adrenaline rush in his body.

"Jungkook wait, you don't even know where she is!" Hoseok shouted after him.

Jungkook rolled his eyes. Just his voice was annoying to listen to. He did not listen and continued his hurried step down the street. He knew someone was following him.

Then Hoseok grabbed his wrist and Jungkook was turned around towards the older hunter. He pulled his blade forward in the motion and held it up in front of the red-haired hunter who had let go of the grip around him as a reflex.

Jungkook pursed his lips, "Then show me the way," he said harshly and firmly.

Hoseok replied with only a slight nod, unclear as to whether he should react to Jungkook's way of speaking to him. However, he knew he deserved it.

🔥