33| The decision

Soobin had now wandered for several minutes out in front of his older cousin's bedroom door, wondering if he should just walk in. He was concluded to find the red-haired girl who had so suddenly attracted his curiosity. He wanted to find out who she really was.

But his problem right now was that it was not him who had access to the information. And Yeonjun should not suspect what he was running around doing. Soobin would keep it as his own secret. So the possibility right now was just that he should sneak in while the older one slept. He looked up at the wall clock he could just make out from where he was standing. Well. He should have enough time.

Slowly and quietly, he opened the door and leaned forward so that his eyes could just peek inside. Yeonjun was still asleep, and a whole relief washed over the boy. He exhaled and turned his head, but his eyes suddenly collided with two shiny greens. As soon as the relief had reached him, a shock went through his whole body and he jumped back. Who the hell was this stranger?

"Who the fuck are you?!" Soobin spat out and opened the door again after he in pure shock had closed it.

The two bright green eyes drilled into Soobin's, and the boy swallowed tightly. The one standing in front of him was wide and broader than himself, though not taller, had raven-black hair that messily lay around his head. Soobin's eyes wandered down to his face, where the boy's eyes shone green. An almost completely full moon was placed in both eyes, and his finely shaped face, where there were also several earrings in his ears, was not turned kindly towards Soobin. The wolf in front of him screamed dominance and Soobin had a hard time keeping his eyes on him.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" the hunter asked again, this time a little gentler in tone.

"That's none of your business," replied the wolf with his deep voice that would be able to kill one, just with one word.

A shudder went down along the hunter's spine. He was not at all prepared for such a deep voice.

"What are you doing here? Your cousin is sleeping," the wolf gave the question back to the still shocked hunter.

Soobin had to come up with a lie now, "J-I just had to wake up .. Y-yeonjun hyung."

The wolf stared at him deep into his big brown eyes, "You are lying."

The two words made Soobin look away, he could not keep his gaze on the wolf anymore. Without the hunter noticing, Yeonjun had woken up and had sneaked around behind the wolf.

"Soobin what are you doing here?"

The voice made the hunter immediately look up with both shock and a tinge of anger in his gaze, "What I'm doing here? Tsk, what is a werewolf doing in our house?! Damn, we are hunters, we are not meant to be friends with our enemies! Do you understand that Yeonjun!?"

Soobin was deeply angry at Yeonjun's lame decisions he had made in the recent weeks. He had really just had enough of it, and now he demanded an explanation.

Geonhak put an arm protectively around Yeonjun and growled at the younger hunter.

The anger bubbling in Soobin had made him feel more confident and he rolled his eyes at the wolf in front of him, "Tsk, wow I'm scared now."

Geonhak put more pressure on his deep growl and his teeth were on the verge of showing up. Yeonjun tightened his grip on Geonhak's arm as if to tell him to hold himself back a little.

"Soobin, the kitchen now!" said the silver-haired boy in a commanding voice, which the younger one happily listened to.

What was Soobin doing? He should have just killed the wolf right away, instead of negotiating with it.