17| The vampire

Hoseok led them through all the little strange dark street roads that no one really knew about. He had studied the place where the warlock was located and now knew exactly the way. The sun had set and it was completely dark in the cloudless sky. Not even the moon could be seen while it was new moon.

He reached out for his flashlight, which he had fastened to his belt, and lit the alley in front of him. All his senses stood on tiptoe and reached out to everything around him. He knew well that the new moon was the time of the bloodthirsty beasts, but that was the intention. He was hoping that they would bump into someone and 'accidentally' kill them. He smirked at his thoughts.

A sharp sound flew through the night air, hitting Alicia's sensitive hearing. She quickly took a step forward and grabbed Hoseok's shoulder. The elder turned around in excitement and reached for his bow and arrows. Alicia immediately whispered to him, and he lowered his bow slightly again.

"We are not alone," she whispered, making a head-throw towards further inside the dark alley.

Hoseok raised an eyebrow in confusion and followed her silhouette, which crept silently past him. It was as if she could just see through the darkness. Jungkook gave an equally confused look to the elder. They quietly followed the girl, who surprisingly had come quite a bit ahead of them. She was fast and quiet.

A slurping sound could be heard the further into the darkness they came. Hoseok had long since turned off the flashlight, and now the youngest and Hoseok fumbled around in the dark desperately to find Alicia again. A blow against something hard followed by something scraping over the hard stone-paved surface caught their attention. A foreign voice growled a large number of swear words.

"Got you, damn monster!" they heard Alicia shout, and Hoseok immediately turned on the flashlight again.

He shone around in the alley, and there they saw Alicia standing with the knife threatening up against the throat of a man who had been smeared in blood. When Hoseok made eye contact with the man, he immediately knew who it was.

"Seokjin," he growled.

Seokjin just smirked at him. A drop of blood rolled down his chin.

"Good evening my old friend, we meet again. Time has gone by, huh?"

"Shut up!" Alicia growled, pressing the knife further into the vampire's skin.

The vampire just laughed, but a strange smell hit him. He stopped himself and looked at the girl who was standing in front of him.

"Uh-huh and you call me a beast?" he whispered, smirtling at her.

"I said shut up!" she hissed back.

Seokjin did not mention more but instead looked over at the other two hunters. His gaze landed on Hoseok, who had not changed since last. Still the same red hair, his eyes drilling into him, filled with hatred. Maybe he had become more masculine to look at with more muscles, but otherwise not. He looked at the other hunter, whom he had not seen before, yet reminded him of someone. And it was when it dawned on him.

"How you have grown since last time!" the vampire exclaimed, looking with big eyes and an insidious smile at the youngest.

"Do I know you?" asked Jungkook, who was confused that he was talking to him.

Seokjin snorted, "Don't you remember me?"

Jungkook frowned, but the scene popped up in his head when the vampire suddenly showed his red eyes. Seokjin smiled contentedly when he saw the impact he had on the boy, who was now standing stiffly next to Hoseok.

"What are you doing here, smeared in with blood?" Hoseok asked, who had taken a step closer to the vampire.

"Tsk, look up, can you see the moon anywhere?"

"I know damn well that it's a new moon, but that does not mean that you're allowed to go around killing people the way it suits you," the hunter said harshly.

Seokjin rolled his eyes at him, "And then who decides that?"

"Yes, the law you idiot, have you completely forgotten about it? You are not that old either."

"Thank you for the reminder, but is it not the same thing when you kill underworlders?" the vampire claimed with a stony face.

Alicia smirked, "No, because there is no law about that."

"You shouldn't be hunters," Seokjin replied bluntly.

"And you should not be alive."

"Vampire, do you have anything to do with the warlock?" the oldest hunter asked to interrupt the discussion.

"Which warlock?"

"Kim Namjoon, who lives nearby."

The vampire mumbled an 'ah'.

"I wish I had, hell he's hot."

Hoseok sighed annoyed, "But why are you so here around his headquarters?"

Seokjin rolled his eyes at him again, "Yeah I live in the city myself, duh?"

"So you have nothing to do with him?" Alicia demanded, pressing the knife further towards him.

"Nothing," the vampire replied honestly, but that was not enough to convince them.

"We'll take him with us," Hoseok said, pointing to Alicia and Jungkook.

They nodded to their leader's words and chained chains around the vampire, grabbing each other's arms, making sure he did not escape.

"I say it again, I have nothing to do with that warlock," the vampire tried as the last resort.

"Yeah, they all say that."

🔥