25| A little surprise

It had now been 3 days, and Yeonjun still had no idea what to do with it all. Deep, black bags were under his eyes from his sleepless nights where his brain had run at high pressure. He had thought it all through, to what probably amounted to a billion times, but no matter what, it only seemed that he continued to run in circles. The exact same footprints. Repeatedly.

Yeonjun felt miserable in his feverish body. The skin burned against him, making it difficult for him to breathe.

"Hyung, take it easy, breathe. It'll all be good again," Beomgyu assured, who stood gently dabbing a cold, twisted, damp cloth against Yeonjun's hot forehead.

The eldest sighed deeply and closed his eyes. His headache made it hard to keep thinking. Yeonjun leaned further back in his bed, in which he lay. Seconds later, he heard his bedroom door open, and a figure stepped quietly in. The elder looked up and saw Taehyun, who had stood behind Beomgyu and put both arms around him. The vampire kissed his cheek and whispered something into his ear that made him smile. Out of the corner of his eye, Beomgyu caught sight of his own brother smiling. And he widened his eyes. He had never seen his big brother smile at him and Taehyun.

"You may go, thank you for the help Beomgyu," said the elder gently, waving the pair away with his hand.

Taehyun and Beomgyu both smiled at him before leaving the room. Yeonjun closed his eyes again, but the moment he did, an image of the green eyes flashed past his retina. They looked up at him prayfully, as if they were asking for forgiveness. But it seemed wrong, it should be the other way around. That Yeonjun should ask for forgiveness. It hurt all the time to think about it, yet he could not keep himself from it, as after the other times that he had bumped into the wolf. No, this time it was a lot more significant.

All the heavy emotions pressed themselves into tears and let themselves run down the boy's cheeks, for about a tenth time that day. It would all have been easier if one could just cry all the bad feelings out.

A warm thumb pressed against one cheek of Yeonjun and then the other cheek, to wipe away the running tears. The pitying movement against the boy's cheeks only made his heart contract even more.

"Hyung, will you not tell me what's wrong?"

Yeonjun opened his eyes when he heard the gentle, praying voice, and caught sight of Soobin, who was sitting on the edge of the bed beside him. His brown eyes were directed at him with a questioning look, and a faintly protruding lower lip was placed on his face, which just made one want to hug him until he felt better again. But Yeonjun ignored it.

"Soobin-ah, I can't," Yeonjun replied, looking down at the mattress to avoid the younger one's gaze.

"Why? Why can I not know when Beomgyu and even his little Vampire can?! Why, why?!!" the younger one exclaimed in an irritable, complaining, voice.

Yeonjun gulped, "You will not be able to understand it," he said in a small voice.

And in that second, Soobin got enough of it.

"Understand?! What is it I can not understand, which obviously others can?!! Are you saying that I'm stupid? For what I can see, is it not me who walks around and kisses a vampire, lets him drink my blood and think I have found the love of my life!!" shouted the youngest in complete rage as he hurriedly got up from the edge of the bed.

He had had enough of all the secrets that he as the only one was not allowed to know.

"The one thing I probably can not understand is you. What's the matter with you Yeonjun!? You really are not yourself" Soobin finished stiffly and crashed out of the door.

Yeonjun bit his lip. He knew he couldn't tell his cousin that. He just could not.

_____

Hoseok stepped down the stone steps towards the basement. It was the first time since they had captured the warlock and the demon that he was on his way down there. His shoes against the cold stones echoed around the quiet room. It amazed him that it was so quiet.

The oldest hunter stepped down from the last step and wandered around the corner into the dark room. Have they run away? His thoughts got him unconcentrated and a quick movement grabbed his arm and Hoseok was pulled away. It prickled in him and he tried to resist, but the force was too strong. Then it stopped, and the oldest hunter noticed how the bars pressed against him. His heart was right up in his throat.

"Hey redhead, I never got the chance to present myself for you," a deep rough voice whispered into his ear.

A shudder rolled down his spine as if it were a drop of sweat.

"Hmm, and what do you say about presenting yourself to me as well? We should reluctantly fall for the courtesy, right?", The voice continued.

Hoseok swallowed harshly, "Jung Hoseok, also known as J-hope," he exhaled.

One hand hit the hunter's hair and started to wrap the locks around his fingers, "Mhm, Hoseokie."

A hot breath hit the side of Hoseok's head, and a flare crept up into his cheeks.

"Min Yoongi," the voice rattled in his ear.

The oldest hunter felt how the demon's voice vibrated throughout his body followed by small shocks. Hoseok held his breath, he could see nothing, and he was still standing with his chest pressed up against the bars.

A seductive hand snuck up from the thigh up the side of Hoseok. It gave tingles across the hunter's skin and he froze. The hunter could feel the warm breath approaching the side of his throat.

"Yoongi, that's enough," a voice echoed through the room.

The demon let out a growl and let go of the hunter. Hoseok stumbled backwards while the light turned on throughout the basement. He took a deep breath after holding on to it while blinking his eyes repeatedly in the bright light.

And the first thing Hoseok caught sight of when he got his sight fully back was Yoongi, who stood with a flattering smile on his lip. His completely black glittering eyes looked so deeply seductively at the hunter that a faint flare streamed up his cheeks, and he quickly looked away again.

A grin filled the basement, and Hoseok sharpened his gaze toward the sound with a menacing expression, still with the red, warm cheeks. His eyes drilled into the vampire's and warlock's, and then he left the basement again without having accomplished his real errand.

"Goddamn."

🔥