Chapter 15

Hey readers!

I was thinking about writing a few chapter with Zeke's POV (Point of View). Anybody else as curious as I am about what his life with his parents, friends and Amber is like? Let me know down below in the COMMENT section if you'd want a chapter(s) on Zeke's life. (If so I'll pick the story up from his POV the day Amber found out about Symone and her pregnancy.) *I apologize for any grammatical errors*

- - Poetic Nonsense

"Would you stop shaking your leg?" I mumbled as I moved down the clipboard with the blue pen the receptionist gave me five minutes ago. I trailed down the sheet leaving blue slash marks in each of the "no" boxes. Beside me, Zeke sat, slouched, legs cocked open and his hands shoved in his jacket pockets. His right leg was currently jiggled steadily with impatience.

"Look, you asked me to come and I'm here." Zeke said back.

I cocked an eyebrow at him. "Yeah I asked you to come without looking like you're going to have a freaking heart attack. It's just an ultrasound Zeke, I'm not going into labor."

Ping!

Instead of responding to me Zeke pulled out his phone. He paused to read the eighth, if I'd counted correctly, text message that he received since we arrived at the doctor's office. If the three red hearts and kissy face emoji's hadn't been so blatant across his phone screen I would've never known that the person on the other end of the text message was Amber.

"Ever heard of vibrate?" I mumbled as I slashed my pen across the last blank box.

"What?" Zeke mumbled absentmindedly. It was clear his mind was focused on the conversation being held on his phone.

"We're in a doctor's office. Put the damn thing on vibrate." I nudged him. Shortly after I approached the receptionist desk for the second time since I arrived.

"All done?" The receptionist, who was really cheery for a Thursday afternoon, asked as I placed the clipboard down in front of her.

"Yep." I nodded politely.

"Alright then, I'll take those and you can take a seat until Dr. Childress is ready for you."

I walked back over to the slightly uncomfortable waiting room chairs and plopped down one seat away from Zeke. The empty chair between us was only a reminder of how awkward things had been since we arrived. It was like our conversation at the diner didn't even happen. That understanding Zeke who seemed like he had figured out where I was coming from a few days ago was nowhere to be found. All that sat next to me was this asshole, irritable version of him and to be honest, it was pissing me off.

I listened to the receptionist's phone ring every so often and the tap tap of Zeke's keyboard on his phone without saying a word. I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from snatching it out of his hand and turning off the volume myself.

"What'd she say?" Zeke asked in one of the rare moments where he looked up from his phone.

I rolled my eyes. "She said the doctor would be with us soon."

Zeke sighed. "How soon is soon?"

I fixed him with an annoyed expression. "Are you kidding me right now?"

"What?" He asked, his eyebrows drew together in confusion as to why I had an attitude.

I lifted my pointed finger up at him. "First off, if you what me one more time I'm going to lose all of the religion I have. Secondly, you're acting like you've never been to a doctor's office. Everybody knows you have to wait until the doctor is ready to see you. So how am I supposed to know exactly when she'll be able to see us?"