Chapter 30

Hello Kings and Queens,

In my DJ Khaled voice: "And another one." 😂😂👌🏾

Here's to ANOTHER chapter of Raising Isaiah.

I hope you guys enjoy it!

ALSO keep a look out for the first chapter of my NEW series "Where The Concrete Is Jaded".

I will be premiering the first three chapters of that story in the next few days or so.

(Don't worry this won't affect me updating Raising Isaiah. I won't update past the three chapters in the new series until I've finished Raising Isaiah, but definitely check it out so you guys can have your next ADDICTION once Raising Isaiah is finished!)

Remember, I love you, but not as much as Jesus does.

Hamilton's hallways were empty.

Every student was in class and only Elijah and I stood outside our lockers as we put our things away in preparation for basketball practice. I had just finished filling him in about the Redd's suddenly popping up at my house the other night and how Symone was bruised up all because of Jeremy.

"So he just randomly man handled her like that?" Elijah asked incredulously.

I nodded. "Yeah he came into the computer lab and basically attacked her."

Elijah shook his head. "Shit he don't need to be worried about running into you. He need to be worried about running into me. Forget the fact that she's pregnant, why would he feel like it's okay to touch her period?"

I shook my head. "I don't give a damn what his reason is I just know I'm still pissed about it. I promised Symone that I wouldn't touch him up but I can't guarantee that I won't, E."

"Aye, I feel you." Elijah nodded. "No man should ever put his hands on a woman. I don't play around with that. That's some punk shit."

I closed my locker. "Man you should've seen her face. He must've really scared her because she wouldn't tell me anything at first. Then come to find out my mom has still been communicating with him."

Elijah closed his locker and pulled his bag over his shoulder. "Nah, you not serious."

"I'm dead serious. Symone said Jeremy told her about some sports conference my mother scheduled for next month so that I can announce that I'm going to Duke."

Elijah raised an eyebrow. "When did you make this decision?"

"That's just it, I didn't. My mother went behind my back and talked to the recruiters without me and then she told Jeremy all about it because apparently she's his fucking 'college advisor' these days." I bit out. "She says she's pulling some strings to help him get into Duke."

Elijah started walking towards the gym. "Something ain't right in the sauce. Your mom is too invested in Jeremy man."

I nodded. "I feel the same way."

Elijah shook his head. "I know you don't want to believe she'd still be on some trash but you need to talk to her about their...relationship."

"I've tried that. She just insists that she's only helping him with college."

"Then talk to Jeremy about it."

I locked my jaw as refusal settled in my chest. "I won't be able to talk to him without beating the shit out of him, and that's real."