Chapter 35

I'm back for a quick update! You guys were freaking out because I haven't updated in a few months. Don't worry, I'm still here guys. You all know I'm pretty much a senior in college and I work part -time. It's getting tough for me to update frequently and do school work AND my own writing projects. But this story will NOT go unfinished. I promise.

Things are starting to look up for Zeke and Symone. But be prepared, things will get worse before they get better. Will Symone and Zeke's new found love be able to resist the drama? New chapters to come!

ZEKE's POV

The rays of the sun which beamed through the partially open curtains woke me.

I started to stretch but paused when I felt my arms tucked around Symone's body. Not wanting to wake her up I sat up slightly and attempted to pull my arm from under her. I was just about untangled when she unconsciously turned over and faced me again. In that same second she cuddled closer to me letting a soft sigh air through her nose. At some point her hair band had come off and her kinky hair was spilling out across her pillow. I watched her expression as she knitted her eyebrows together in deep concentration. Her lips twitched for a few moments and then her face rested.  I reached up and traced my fingers along her lips. Even with her hair all over her head she was beautiful.

Still trapped under her I pressed my lips against her cheek and kissed her again and again until she opened her eyes.  She blinked up at me with the confusion of morning still encrusted in her eyes. "Hey."

"Hey."

She sat up, a yawn soared from her belly then crept into her back as she stretched her arms in the air above her head and then shivered.

I chuckled.

"What?" She blinked.

"Nothing." My gaze jumped to her hair. 

Amber's hair was natural but it was always straightened and because she wore weaves she rarely wore it out. Symone's hair was thick, full and kinky and I couldn't imagine how long it took her to wash it. Even in all its tangled glory I wanted to run my fingers through it. She brought her hands down on top of her head and then her eyes popped open in alarm. She sat forward and scrambled to find her hair band. Trying to hold back laughter, I joined her in her search and found the band under my pillow. She stopped searching when she saw me hold it up. When she went to grab for it I held it away from her.

"Let me do it."

Symone rolled her eyes. "Give me my head band."

"I'm for real." I sat up and leaned my bare back against the head board. "Come here."

Symone, her legs now crossed, stared at me for a moment with the deepest look of hesitance on her face. "You don't know nothing about doing hair."

"You don't know what I know."

She smirked, "You especially don't know nothing about natural hair."

"Just get over here."

Begrudgingly, she crawled then turned so that her back faced me. "Just be careful."

I ignored her and slipped the band on my wrist then worked my fingers through her scalp. I pressed my nose to her hair. "Smells good."

"It's the twisting cream."

I smelled it again. "Like cinnamon butter."

Gently, I pulled strands up from around her face until I had gathered it all into a mass on top of her head. I pulled the band from my wrist with shaky fingers.