Chapter 24

READERS!

I've made it to 12K READS!

Thank you so much!

*DEDICATION* This chapter is dedicated to "soulqween" because honey you had me DYING laughing with your long comments about Symone's funky attitude! I loved it! You are literally THEE FIRST to really be annoyed with her and not Zeke!

*CHECK THIS OUT* I've listed my favorite Commenters and Voters at the end of this chapter!

THANK YOU to EVERYONE FOR THE SUPPORT!

(Sorry for any grammar errors. Feel free to point them out!)

It's a long one! Enjoy.

I woke to a steady, beeping noise and brightness.

It took a moment for my eyes to adjust to the mostly white room but eventually I was able to open my eyes fully and take in the room. I was relieved to see that the monitor next to me was the cause of the steady beeping noise. I was stretched out with my hands lying on my sides and a soft, cotton sheet was tucked around me. In front of me was a wide window which let in a small peek of the night outside. I placed my hands on my stomach and pressed down softly. I flinched at my belly's soreness but was pleased to feel that I still felt pregnant. Still, I needed to find out if my baby was alright. All around me were chairs and they were filled with sleeping faces--familiar faces. My mother was sitting on my left with her head in her palm and her eyes closed. Next to her was my father who was leaning back sleep with his legs open. On the other side of me was Cassandra who had her head lying on her arms near my right hand. I reached over and gently squeezed her arm. When she didn't respond I gradually shook her a little until she turned toward me with sleepy eyes which popped open when she realized I was looking straight at her.

"Symone! You're awake." she sat up straight away. "Mommy, Daddy wake up. She's up!"

Both my parents jolted out of what couldn't have been a pleasant sleep and moved closer to my bed. My mom pulled me closer to her and kissed my face all over. "Oh thank you Jesus!"

Her eyes were pink from the crying she had no doubt been doing. Next my father towered over me and planted one right on my forehead. "Glad to have you back baby girl."

I smiled up at him then frowned when I heard my own scratchy voice. "Where's Zeke?"

Cassandra exchanged glances with my parents before clearing her throat. "I'm going to go get the doctor."

"Good idea." my mother nodded.

Moments later I was alone with my parents and looking up at them in confusion because they still hadn't answered my question. "Where's Zeke?"

My mother reached over and patted my hand. "That's not something that you need to worry about right now. Let's see what the doctor has to say."

I shook my head. "Well is he okay? Why isn't he here?"

"He's dealing with the consequences of what happened today." she said.

"What's going on?" I demanded.

Just as my mother opened her mouth to say more in walked the doctor and Cassandra trailed behind him. Behind her was a grey haired, bright eyed nurse who also wore a smile. She pushed in some equipment on wheels that made the small room feel even smaller. Surprisingly the doctor was young and quite handsome. He smiled at me as he picked up the clipboard at the bottom of my bed. "Hey there. I'm Dr. Grady. How are you feeling Ms. Redd?"

I placed my hand on my belly. "I just want to know if my baby is alright."

The doctor nodded. "Let's take a look then shall we? Nurse, go ahead."