Chapter 8

*Sorry For Any Typos/Errors You Guys. Enjoy!*

"I need a new bra." I moaned, biting my bottom lip as if that would help my hand steady to hook the metal clips together.

Jada laughed, "In a minute you're going to need new everything."

I boldly lifted my middle finger up at her. "Fuck you."

She shrugged, "Hey, I'm just saying. Your favorite pair of skinny jeans aren't so skinny on you anymore."

"Yes!" I exclaimed as the familiar click of my bra sounded. "Anyway, Cass is taking me shopping soon."

Jada spread out on my bed, her arms and legs dangled over the side as she scrolled through her phone. "Ohh, can I go?"

I nodded. "I was going to invite you."

She fist pumped. "I need some new boots anyway. My winter boots are on their last leg."

I chuckled then gestured to her beat up boots that sat in the corner of my bedroom. "I don't understand why you kept those for so long."

"Hey," she whined. "Don't judge me."

I frowned at the dark line which had appeared one of these days, out of nowhere, on my belly. I smirked at the memory of me discovering it when I got out the shower a week ago. I was so freaked out I screamed out for my mother. She poked her head in my room and told me it was normal then disappeared. She'd been doing a lot of that lately. Barely speaking to me and then leaving the room silently. I sighed, as I slipped on my t-shirt. I let out a frustrated huff when I saw how tight it was over my stomach and breasts. I reached out for my school hoodie and slipped that over my head.

"While you're over there talking about my boots, that hoodie is going to start looking tired if you don't stop wearing it." She chuckled.

Again I flipped her off. "Well, unlike some people I know, I don't dress to impress other people."

Jada sat up on the bed. "I don't dress for nobody either!"

I chuckled. "Mmm-hmm, I'm sure Devin would disagree."

"Devin is so three months ago. I need a new crush." Jada carelessly waved her hand. "Besides, I just meant that soon that sweater isn't going to hide anything and you're going to be huge."

I turned away from the mirror and fixed her with a blank stare. "If you're going to remind me that I'm getting fat every five seconds we're going to have to reevaluate this friendship."

Jada laughed. "Just keeping it one hundred."

"Well keep it one hundred all the way over there." I turned back towards the mirror and examined myself. I was getting bigger. Right now my stomach looked like I'd eaten too much food and was too full to suck my entire belly in. It had taken on a slight roundness that was very noticeable even on my shapely figure, especially without my sweatshirt. Jada was right though, pretty soon everybody was going to know, including Zeke.

I sat down on the bed next to Jada and placed my head on her shoulder. "You should see the way my mother looks at me now. It's like I'm a stranger in my own house."

Jada ran her fingers through the ends of my hair. "She'll get over it."

I sighed and closed my eyes. "You didn't see her face."

"How's your dad taking everything?"

I shrugged, "He isn't home long enough for me to find out. It's like the pressure between my mother and I is weighing down the entire house. I wouldn't want to be here either." I curled my legs under me. "Cassandra's my only ally, and even she's disappointed in me because I lied to her. Cass and I tell each other everything." I shook my head. "We've never had as much tension between us as we do now."